Hacking Mario vs Donkey Kong, Miniland Mayhem, crashing?

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
90% sure it's a clean rom. It'll load fine, but when I press start and go into the main game, with the opening cut scene, there will be a terrible staticy noise, and DK, Mario and Paulina sprites will all jumbled and white, then the whole screen will cut to white, and I can't do anything else.

Does it need a patch? If so how do I apply it?

Thanks.

edit: According to this: http://gbatemp.net/t264870-ds-5231-mario-v...p;#entry3267923 Hadouken pre-patched the ROM before releasing, which makes sense, because I hear it works fine on the Acekard 2i, and clean ROMs generally have a better success rate then Patched ones on the DSTwo.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
I don't think there is a patch. If you have a SC DSTWO there should be something that helps, but I didn't even have the file on mine, and the game played fine in clean mode...so maybe a bad Rom? But what cart do you have?

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Presto99 said:
I don't think there is a patch. If you have a SC DSTWO there should be something that helps, but I didn't even have the file on mine, and the game played fine in clean mode...so maybe a bad Rom? But what cart do you have?

I've tried a "different" rom from like four different sites, with no success.

I tried running in clean mode (apparently SC automatically patches it) but it goes straight to the whtite screen.

What will help since I have the SC DSTwo? And what file didn't you have on yours?

I'm posting in SuperCard forums... I have a SuperCard.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, I want you to tell me what type of Micro SD card you are using, then I'll try to figure out a solution for you.

I've noticed something common and interesting with these problems. Most of the users (like me) got this game to work on the DSTWO, but several other users didn't get the game to work on the DSTWO.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I am r4ymond said:
First of all, I want you to tell me what type of Micro SD card you are using, then I'll try to figure out a solution for you.

I've noticed something common and interesting with these problems. Most of the users (like me) got this game to work on the DSTWO, but several other users didn't get the game to work on the DSTWO.

There is an updated patch that fixes the problem with this game and slower SD cards. Try updating the patch again if you have problems. Apparently if the card speed is too slow the AP doesn't like it even with the (original) patch.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nl255 said:
I am r4ymond said:

There is an updated patch that fixes the problem with this game and slower SD cards. Try updating the patch again if you have problems. Apparently if the card speed is too slow the AP doesn't like it even with the (original) patch.

I guess that may be, but I have a better solution to avoid these problems in general. In fact, someone at the SC Forums tested my solution and it apparently works for him.

Take a look at this thread at the SC Forums. You should read all of the posts on the second page of that thread and then the rest of the posts on the third page. My conclusion was that these kinds of problems are happening to some DSTWO users that use Micro SDHC cards. Most of these freezes and problems occur mostly with DSTWO users that use Micro SDHC cards in general. My solution is to get a Non-SDHC Micro SD card, preferably a 2GB Micro SD card and try the game again with the latest system3.dat patch. That user reported to me that switching Micro SD cards worked for him.

I, for one, am using a 2GB Micro SD card. Mario VS. DK - Miniland Mayhem is working flawlessly on my DSTWO.

It would be rather helpful if some of you DSTWO users try switching from SDHC cards to non-SDHC cards and then trying the game again. That way, it makes it easier for me to identify the problems that you guys are having.

Oh, and read THIS TOO.
tongue.gif

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I am r4ymond said:
nl255 said:
I am r4ymond said:

I guess that may be, but I have a better solution to avoid these problems in general. In fact, someone at the SC Forums tested my solution and it apparently works for him.

Take a look at this thread at the SC Forums. You should read all of the posts on the second page of that thread and then the rest of the posts on the third page. My conclusion was that these kinds of problems are happening to some DSTWO users that use Micro SDHC cards. Most of these freezes and problems occur mostly with DSTWO users that use Micro SDHC cards in general. My solution is to get a Non-SDHC Micro SD card, preferably a 2GB Micro SD card and try the game again with the latest system3.dat patch. That user reported to me that switching Micro SD cards worked for him.

I, for one, am using a 2GB Micro SD card. Mario VS. DK - Miniland Mayhem is working flawlessly on my DSTWO.

It would be rather helpful if some of you DSTWO users try switching from SDHC cards to non-SDHC cards and then trying the game again. That way, it makes it easier for me to identify the problems that you guys are having.

Oh, and read THIS TOO.
tongue.gif

Having to shuffle around a bunch of 2GB cards is a royal pain though. One or two for DS games, one for GBA games, one for SNES games, and two or three for videos leads to way too much switching around. Of course, you could just buy multiple DSTwo carts to get around that but that gets expensive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey