Mario Tennis Power Tour for gba

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by mikesinclair555, Aug 14, 2006.

1. mikesinclair555
    OP

mikesinclair555 Tri z

Nov 25, 2005
    United States
    USA
    Does anybody have or know where I can get a copy of the instruction manual for Mario Tennis Power Tour for gba?

2. m_babble

m_babble Elder Phantom

Dec 12, 2004
    United States
    Maybe on the Nintendo website.
    They have a section where you can download PDF versions of their first party game manuals.

3. ucablca

ucablca Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2006
    United States
    I know on gamefaqs.com a few of the walkthroughs give you instruction on how to do all of the different types of shots in case that's the reason why you need the manual. Before I went there, I didn't know how to volley, drop shot, or anything really. Don't know where to find the manual though, sorry.

4. sipoon

sipoon GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2006
    New Zealand
    you should learn the moves if you are playing the story mode

5. _ORiON_

_ORiON_ GBAtemp Regular

Dec 3, 2005
    yeah, play in the story mode.

explore around, there are places teaching you what buttons to do this and that, like how to drop shot, lob, powershot etc

6. mikesinclair555
    OP

mikesinclair555 Tri z

Nov 25, 2005
    United States
    USA
    I am just wondering how to just hit the ball so that it just goes over the net and lands in the first set of squares. I think pressing the A or B button once will do it, but sometimes when I press A or B only once the ball still gets hit pretty far.

7. Vince989

Vince989 Still lurking around, sometimes...

Former Staff
    Oct 24, 2002
    Canada
    Quebec, Canada
    Press B then A quickly, but not together, to do a drop shot
    Press A then B quickly, but not together, to do a lob shot, which is high and goes quite far

These are pretty useful, especially when combined with left and right... [​IMG]

- Vince989

8. Gute

Gute Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2006
    I guess you're stuck with the tennis machine? I was too...
    To hit the squares in the back, use the lob shot (first press A and then B). This wont always work when trying to shoot left and right since the ball is hit too weak.
    To hit the square front middle square, use the drop shot (first press B and then A)
    To hit the left and right front square, use simple shots (only A or B). You'll have to have controll of the ball (it should hit you right on). An uncontrolled shot wont get where you want it (you'll hit it too hard and it will get too far...).

Good luck!

9. FuLei

FuLei GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2006
    United States
    New York
    yeah i dont really get it. i get the lob and drop shot, but hpow to do topspin/underspin?

10. bobrules

bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 20, 2006
    Canada
    Toronto
    Top spin is simply pressing A once, and underspin is pressing B once.