Mario Tennis Open out of region?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by VisionMan, Sep 10, 2014.

1. VisionMan
    OP

VisionMan Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2013
    United States
    I've been doing some reading about the ip block that Mario Tennis Open has, and I was wondering if their was some type of workaround. I have a US 3ds and I'd like to play Mario Tennis Open online with some Japanese players. If I use a Japanese rom, proxy, and switch my region to Japan will this work?

2. gigio2000

gigio2000 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2014
    Brazil
  3. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu

you cannot switch your region to japan.
    there is an ip block implemented for mario tennis? really, can you link me to something with more details?
    it is not just about the region of the rom - some games will work cross region, some will not.
    some games will NOT work even if the console regions are different - but the game region the same (as in, loading the out of region game using gateway)
    do you understand?
    there is no 'rule'.

how about you test it out, what is the worst that can happen? you get embarrassed because you let your japanese friends down? ha

you say the game will not work because of the region different, but in the link you said it has many games indeed working despite the region difference...
    or you mean specifically for mario tennis? i couldn't see it in the list?...