mario tennis aces update requires 6.0

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by stingray1059, Oct 3, 2018.

1. stingray1059
    OP

stingray1059 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 7, 2009
    i used the update ver 2.0 now it requires me to update the firmware.

2. Vaatu

Vaatu Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2018
    United States
    My Room
    Make sure you install the NSP update with tinfoil and avoid the firmware requirement during installation.

Draxzelex likes this.
  3. stingray1059
    OP

stingray1059 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 7, 2009
    yup.. its fixed.. i used tinfoil..

4. Vaatu

Vaatu Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2018
    United States
    My Room
    Awesome! Tinfoil is an amazing application!

5. Bloodlust

Bloodlust GBAtemp Maniac

May 25, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Hi, can tinfoil bypass firmware checks if the update requires v6? Does this work with any nsp update which requires it? My switch is still on 5.1 and I would like to install the major updates if it's first required to install a DLC

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    All raw .NSP files have an XML file which forces it to be installed on a firmware that is usually higher than the actual required firmware version. What Tinfoil does with the ignore required firmware version is bypass this XML when installing the .NSP file so you can use its true required firmware version which is dependent on which masterkeys were used to encrypt. Every new firmware introduces new masterkeys with which games and content are encrypted with which is what causes them to require higher firmwares. You can check this by using the Switch Backup Manager or decrypting the .NSP with hactool and checking the masterkey encryption. Anyways, I doubt any of the new updates are encrypted with the masterkeys found on firmware 6.X (they are most likely encrypted with the ones on firmware 5.X) so its only the XML file making them require firmware 6.X

sorabora likes this.
  7. isaiahisaac

isaiahisaac Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2018
    Philippines
    can i use tinfoil using sx os?

8. IceTeaX

IceTeaX Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2018
    Germany
    Nope
    But you can use the ReiNX CFW.
    A guide how to install this firmware can be found in the section. It's super easy and works perfect for me. You can boot back into SX OS after the installation of the nsp file with tinfoil on ReiNX.

9. RitchieRitchie

RitchieRitchie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2013
    yes, you can, I've just done it to install the update for starlink. Put the tinfoil nro in the 'switch' folder. load from hombrew in the album folder. The nsp file has to be in a /tinfoil/nsp folder. Works perfectly (so far)!

10. IceTeaX

IceTeaX Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2018
    Germany
    okay. I tried this yesterday and it didn't work for me. Will try it later again...

11. Slide_1977

Slide_1977 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2018
    Denmark
    tinfoil Works perfectly with SX OS 2.0.1 FW 6.0.0

12. Skiiermike

Skiiermike Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2018
    Canada
    Are you able to point me to a guide?

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

13. blawar

blawar GBAtemp Regular

Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    You are close, small nit pick... nothing reads the XML at all. It is completely ignored by every current title installer. The version check is in the cnmt file, and every current installer I know of bypasses this check in that file before installing.

tiliarou and Draxzelex like this.