Mario Strikers Will Be First Online Title For Euro

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Hadrian, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    From ign.com:
    "UK, April 3, 2007 - Forget Euro 2008, you can create your own European footie tournament with Mario Strikers: Charged Football, which is set for an EU release in May and features four-player online multiplayer.

Nintendo has announced players can battle it out on the pitch over the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Service in two different online modes. There's Ranked, where you can climb up the leaderboards and Unranked, for quick play against pals.

For those without friends or Internet access, you're best to stick to the single player mode - Road to the Striker Cup. Here, players are pitted against increasingly difficult teams in three different cups. We'll go out on a limb here and suggest there's going to be a Mushroom Cup, a Flower Cup and a Star Cup. Call us crazy.

Mario Strikers is the follow-up to Mario Smash Football on GameCube. In the same vein as Mario Kart or Mario Slam Basketball, the actual sport of football is secondary to the over-the-top power-ups and fanciful stadiums full of traps and obstacles.

Of course, because being a Wii game and all, Charged Football features new Wiimote functionality. Players must shake the remote to tackle opponents or point at the screen to save the ball from blasting into the back of the net.

Mario Strikers: Charged Football hits the pitch on May 25 and costs £35 (50 EUR)."

I liked the last one on GC but it was kinda boring in single player mode, heres hoping that side has been improved and that the game is worthy of buying if you already have the first.

2. H8TR

Member H8TR GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Good idea. Europe is crazy about soccer so what a better game to have as your first Wi-Fi title. If it wasn't this game, wuope would be waiting a looooong time of Pokemon Battle Revolution. Europe won't see Pokemon Diamond/Pearl until late summer early fall and then have to wait other 2-3 months for Pokemon Battle Revolution. If that was the case, NoE wouldn't have it's first Wi-Fi game until 2008 possibly.

3. kristijan08

Member kristijan08 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    omfg AWESOME! absolutely loved the first one, i was really anticipatin the new one but now that i hear its online thats just SO much better! cannot wait for this!

4. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    Ranger is only coming out in 2 weeks over here! Thats how gay NoE is getting. It was pretty good when the DS first came out, with some DS games coming out first here and now its like a 7 month wait for a game. Peal and Diamond is due out June 30th. Its a good job we have places like play asia so we dont have to wait that long, and they are cheaper to import.

5. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    The GC version is one of the best multiplayers I´ve ever played.
    Mario Strikers DS would be perfect [​IMG]

6. rice151

Member rice151 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So Europe is getting a game before America??? Even Japan???
    And it is the first "true" Online title nonetheless?
    Ummm...

7. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    Most games seem to be coming out elsewhere before Japan. Not seen any US/Japan dates for it, just Australia (7th June). Pokemon Battle blah de blah is still set to be the first US online title but that comes out June 25th, so does that mean PAL gamers get online play before US? I think Japan already has online with PBC.

8. Darkforce

Former Staff Darkforce DERP!

United Kingdom
    Mario Strikers on the GC was a pretty fun game... I didn't think I would like it but a 5 minute play quickly turned into a several hour gaming session.
    If they sorted out the presentation a bit I guess the Wii version could do well, though the Wii remote controls sound a bit cack.

I wish there was some news on a Mario Golf or Tennis for the Wii, what the heck are Camelot upto? =/

9. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    Camelot are busy doing some cutesy golf title for the PC called "I Love Golf". They've stopped making games for Nintendo, dunno if its forever though. I wonder if we'll ever see this Camelot RPG title that was suppose to come out on GC.

Would like to see a Golf/Tennis title on Wii or DS where you can play as your Mii in the RPG bit. As long as they take out the power shots, I hated them.

10. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    Mario Strikers is a good title to put online first. Its just a same nintendo never do what xbox live do and update the old games. I wouldn't mind seeing sensible world of soccer updated for online with all the bugs sorted out.

11. gatorade

Member gatorade GBAtemp Regular

United States
    look like its shaping up to be a good game

12. EddyB

Member EddyB GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I have played a demo at a Wii event in the netherlands, the controls are nice and it looks nice too. The thing I liked over the cube version is when a "power shot" is done it CAN be stoped. You control the goalie and you have to aim at a specific point on the screen. Online...... nice..... [​IMG]

13. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Mario strikers was my first gamecube game and i love it. Donkey kong all the way [​IMG]