Mario Strikers charged problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by pitoui, May 26, 2007.

May 26, 2007

Mario Strikers charged problem by pitoui at 3:26 AM (1,058 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. pitoui
    OP

Member pitoui GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Hi guys as you know the all star team has released mario strikers charged. i have completey downloaded it but when i comes to arond 80% it says there is an error reading the data.. why is that? any help would be appreciated.

Hmm i tried burning with imgburn and it says its a cyclic redundancy error, whatever that means? Anyone help?

2. Sick Wario

Member Sick Wario Club Nintendo

United Arab Emirates
    bad or corrupt download?

3. pitoui
    OP

Australia
    crap really?
    do i have to re download it again? thats a killer

4. robi

Member robi GBAtemp Regular

France
    (Here's hoping you didn't already delete your image file)

Those Imgburn errors are usually issues with your media, not the iso in my experience. It's not uncommon to have one dud in a spindle of 100..

Besides, most of the time you don't have to worry about currupt downloads with torrents. The client should to hash checks. Plus most torrents come with a .sfv file so you could always verify the RARs that way. On top of that, WinRAR usually quits extracting if their is an error in the archieve.

Before downloading *always* go back down the list. Check media, check iso (re-extract), check RARs (verify with sfv or for example, uTorrent has a "Force Recheck" feature) and then and only then, redownload. If you're lucky only one file is corrupt.

Usenet's going to be a little different since RARs can get corrupt easier, but the same notes apply with sfv, etc.

HTH

5. 1337Nemo

Member 1337Nemo GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    put in usenet you have all the par files if the rars are corrupt.

6. pitoui
    OP

Australia
    thanks, i'll give it a go as i still have my iso file. i dont have the rar files as i thought i didnt need them after i extracted the iso.

7. kristijan08

Member kristijan08 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    if the rar files extracted without error then the download was successful, it then becomes a media/burner problem

8. pitoui
    OP

Australia
    no it still doesnt work on my tdk-r or my tdk-rw. they ALWAYS work for my wii/gc backups but for mario strikers it gives me an error everytime the burn reaches 66%.
    i really cant d/l it again for a while since Im over my monthly d/l limit.

9. tadeota

Newcomer tadeota Newbie

Brazil
    If you could extract the entire iso, that excludes , a bad download, because if one or more rars, are with errors, its imposible extract the iso
    Then in that case , the problem is on , midia , or burner, or burn program, but if you have the rars , try to reextract the iso, just in case of dubt,

10. pitoui
    OP

Australia
    ok thanks. i dont have the rar files anymore i deleted them so i am only stuck with the iso file.
    i dont understand how my tdks dont like mario strikers, but i will try and burn it off another burner and see how that goes.

i d/l it again and this time it worked flawlessly, was expecting it to be much better.. i think id rather play the GC game than this but oh well il stick with it and see if it comes good.

thanks for all your help guys