Mario Strikers: Battle League has leaked a couple of days early

asddasasdasddasasddsada.png

Out there in the wilds of the internet exists a leaked copy of Mario Strikers: Battle League, which is available just a little prior to the game's actual launch on June 10th. We usually see first party Nintendo games leak at least a week in advance, which happened with Mario Party Superstars. As always, GBAtemp TOS prohibits the sharing or linking of warez. Right now, the game sits at a 75 average score on OpenCritic. Are you excited to try the game for yourself? Let us know in the comments!

:arrow: Discussion Thread

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, you must be new here, gbatemp was an awesome source of immoralities (to use your words).

Anyway, if Nintendo has made a console with security flaws it is their problem, not mine. I'll not pay for something that is free just to make a billionaire company $60 richer.

But I need to thank you and many other people who are funding my free entertainment by buying free stuff from Nintendo.
Nintendo has been praised for not having any software security flaws and Nintendo deserved every cents they made for making so many kids and the by now grown up kids happy with their games and game consoles (except joycon and pro controller which is two sad exception of other wise flawless history, three pairs of joy cons and two pro controllers is a bit too much of a bad design, I expect Ninentendo to make stuff that last more than 10 years).

People with a sense of gratitude are happier.

Last edited by TomSwitch,

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
If everyone thought the same no games would be made.
There is a lot of people with deep pockets to finance the industry, there are a lot of games already produced that you can't play in a lifetime and most important, art manifest itself regardless of profits. Money increase productivity, but the lack of it can't completely extinguish any form of art.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
There is a lot of people with deep pockets to finance the industry, there are a lot of games already produced that you can't play in a lifetime and most important, art manifest itself regardless of profits. Money increase productivity, but the lack of it can't completely extinguish any form of art.
Not all games are the same, triple A games wouldn't be made if there was no money to be earned.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not all games are the same, triple A games wouldn't be made if there was no money to be earned.
I think they ran out of budget and didn't make a story mode as in their traditions of all the other Mario sports game. No evil to beat? Oh come on Nintendo! If Mario is not going to save the world from evil who will? Mario don't just play for fun!

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe a nintendo game has leaked before its release date.

What's going to be next, EA being a horrible gaming company?
Nah, EA is probably going to get bought out by another company soon. Maybe by Disney, or Amazon.
I would say MS but the courts are trying to argue that the ActiBliz purchase is forming a monopoly.

AAA titles have been half assed lately and no matter what they want you to believe Piracy isn't the reason thats just to deflect that they're just fucking lazy
This is pretty much accurate. There have been countless studies and instances that show that Piracy only makes up a small percentage of actual gamers, mainly because (and shockingly so) most people do not hold the know-how to pirate games/mod consoles, because most gamers are normal's and kids who just buy the game and not give a damn about going through the effort in pirating it, and of course the small moral dilemma of those who think piracy is bad.

Using piracy as an excuse to make a shitty AAA title is just laughable. That's some Jack Thompson level logic leap bullshit right there.

Reactions: Kirby6417

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
The existence of this game saddens me.
Its predecesor was good (and btw the first online Wii game in Europe) but a year later PES Wii would revolutionize the genre.
And where are we today? Back at square one. Perhaps somewhere in an alternative universe...

Reactions: 2dere

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IGN gave it a fair reviewing saying it was bare-bones content, but fun. Sounds like Nintendo.

The GCN game is probably still better.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this game preordered, but I'm still playing dragon quest Xi, almost at 50 hours.
Hope you enjoy it.

IGN did a good job reviewing although if it was me, I'd have canceled my pre-order.

Hardly any content and they have the balls to charge $60. Whatever happened to Nintendo. Smh.

For a good and fun soccer game on the Switch, I'd recommend Captain Tsubasa.

It plays similarly to PES and for me, that's great because it's very enjoyable.

Reactions: godreborn

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they ran out of budget and didn't make a story mode as in their traditions of all the other Mario sports game. No evil to beat? Oh come on Nintendo! If Mario is not going to save the world from evil who will? Mario don't just play for fun!
Being so bare-bones reminded me of Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash.

Good Tennis game? You bet.
Playable for short sessions? Yeah, sure.
Playable for months or years? No.

Nintendo is getting lazier and getting slimmer on content while still charging you $60. (:

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are going to add the missing content later, which is sad because the game will feel empty at release.
About ten more characters and not much else, right? Still disappointing.

Should've been priced at $40, but this is Nintendo and its loyal fanbase will always say "It's a Nintendo game so it's well deserved of its $60 price! And plus, it never loses its value."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte