GBAtemp 台灣人
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Mario Sports Mix was announced at this past E3, seen as the latest iteration in the Mario franchise's sports spin-off section. Square Enix is the developer behind the title, and like they did with Mario Hoop's 3-on-3 on the DS, they're going to bring in some Final Fantasy characters into the mix. According to the official site, the Ninja, White Mage, Black Mage, Moogle, and Cactuar will be thrown into the game's character roster. The Mii character will also be available during gameplay.

There is one slot left on the official website that remains locked for now. It has been noted that there is a copyright at the bottom of the page stating "Final Fantasy characters" and "Dragon Quest characters", leading to speculation that the final character could be from Dragon Quest.

Mario Sports Mix will feature dodgeball, basketball, volleyball, and hockey when it is released on November 25th in Japan, and sometime next year in North America and Europe.

Official Site for Mario Sports Mix (Japanese)
Roster List on Official Site (Japanese)

Source: IGN

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
You didn't include your source.
There's a USN template you know...
Wherever that was obtained from it was obviously ripped from Andriasang though, my comments are there too
happy.gif

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Goli said:
You didn't include your source.
There's a USN template you know...
Wherever that was obtained from it was obviously ripped from Andriasang though, my comments are there too
happy.gif
Got it from IGN actually, lol, but yeah, it's probably from Andriasang. And my bad, forgot to include source this time.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
DJPlace said:
better have online for all i give a damn about.
It does have online play. Nintendo seems to be trying to get more into online gaming lately... Even The Last Story will have onlline co-op, and that's an RPG!

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goli said:
DJPlace said:
It does have online play. Nintendo seems to be trying to get more into online gaming lately... Even The Last Story will have onlline co-op, and that's an RPG!

very fucking nice.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Canonbeat234 said:
How come I'm hearing this now? Are you sure it was announce during the past E3?
Yes they did. It was very brief, but they showed a quick trailer and announced the game would be available 'Q4 2010' for Japan, and 2011 for North America. We learned of the November 25th release for the game in the Land of the Rising Sun since E3.

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's frickin' awesome~! This can also mean we COULD get FF and DQ characters in the next(?) SSB game!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CarbonX13 said:
Bladexdsl said:
DJPlace said:
why so hackers can fuck it up?

Exactly the problem with Wii games. They don't have online, people bitch about it. They include online, hackers make everyone else their bitch.

People act like hackers are a bigger majority than actual players. I was a pretty avid Mario Kart and Conduit player for online and I never really got hackers. If you do get one you just get your ass kicked by them, realize they have a small penis, and then go to another game. If you're really gonna rage about it then you just need to stop playing online games. It's a game, people are dicks, deal with it.

But hopefully this game will have a basketball game as good as Mario Hoops. I really liked Mario Hoops and felt it was a very good sports game. Not sure how well it'll transition to the Wii from the DS but hopefully it'll be good.

QUOTE(kwartel @ Nov 12 2010, 09:31 AM)
That's frickin' awesome~! This can also mean we COULD get FF and DQ characters in the next(?) SSB game!

Not really, this game is developed by Square Enix so they might as well put some properties of theirs in there. They did it with Mario Hoops. Super Smash Bros is an entirely Nintendo project. Sonic got in there because Sega loves whoring out their mascot (plus he's been in all those Mario vs. Sonic games) and Konami loves throwing Snake into random places (he's having a cameo in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood after all).

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Guild McCommunist said:
People act like hackers are a bigger majority than actual players. I was a pretty avid Mario Kart and Conduit player for online and I never really got hackers. If you do get one you just get your ass kicked by them, realize they have a small penis, and then go to another game. If you're really gonna rage about it then you just need to stop playing online games. It's a game, people are dicks, deal with it.

But hopefully this game will have a basketball game as good as Mario Hoops. I really liked Mario Hoops and felt it was a very good sports game. Not sure how well it'll transition to the Wii from the DS but hopefully it'll be good.
I realise that hackers a minority, but it's disappointing when you see that the Wii has finally gone online for a game, only to have a hacker in there using Ocarina codes to mess things up. True, you can ignore them, but it's a shame that there isn't a system in place that effectively gets rid of them.

And go check the website's character map if you haven't, there are some snippets of gameplay available if you click on the characters. Treat it as a tiny preview of the game itself I guess.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The addition of a Dragon Quest character seems like silly fan service. The games don't have any real characters in the sense of the Final Fantasy series or Nintendo franchises. It would either be 'random Dragonball Z looking person with a sword' or a blue slime, because that's all they have to boast after umpteen games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person