Hacking Mario Rpg 3 rom

seanvol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an r4. I downloaded the rom, updated my cheat.dat thing, enabled the cheat, still freezes after I select a file and choose 始める. Any other suggestions?

I also saw this thing called "ysmenu" or something that was supposed to fix non-working cheats by patching this _ds_menu file or something. Didn't work..

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Use the YSMenu.

Also, don't bump your topics..not cool
lecture.gif

seanvol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jph said:
Use the YSMenu.

Also, don't bump your topics..not cool
lecture.gif
but it didn't work.

Posts merged

Could you direct me what one I should use, then? Maybe I chose the wrong one? I don't know, there are so many different versions of everything these days. A link or something please?

Eternity`

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
seanvol said:
I also saw this thing called "ysmenu" or something that was supposed to fix non-working cheats by patching this _ds_menu file or something. Didn't work..

Sorry, i dont believe you
wink.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Eternity` said:
seanvol said:

Sorry, i dont believe you ;)
While seanvol is wrong, he's right.... so believe him
Yasu (http://home.usay.jp/pc/etc/nds/), the person who makes YSMenu also patched the _DS_MENU.DAT to work with larger cheat files.
You can download it from here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2384 however you should know it made no difference for me.
It's worth a shot, maybe you'll have better luck than I did, but I would also recommend getting YSMenu as a replacement.
I didn't like it much at first, but after I made my own skin for it, I found it to be not so bad.
You can use a program called R4YSAuto or a2h's YSMenu Generator to make your YSMenu. The first, R4YSAuto, is slightly outdated (you will need to rename the YSMenu archive to the one it looks for) and uses the command line to ask you questions. The second one, a2h's YSMenu Generator, requires Windows with .NET installed and is 'future-proof' because it lets you browse for a YSMenu archive before converting it to R4.

I have made a template for YSMenu which shows all the elements that I know of.
It is in PSD for Photoshop and PNG for other image editors.

seanvol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. I'm TOTALLY lost. I downloaded a2h's ysmenu thing. I said to make a ysmenu. It asks for where ysmenu is located, and I went to where I extracted ysmenu from yasu's website (which was my desktop) and nothing that I extracted appeared. It was an nds file and some exe's that did nothing. What do I do?

blanco613

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its because your r4 needs to e updated . . . sadly the r4 team has stopped with their updates and r4 production. so i reccomend a new flash card (cyclods evolution is the best ut is pricey) or try ysmenu it helps in some cases

RAIDEN!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blanco613 said:
its because your r4 needs to e updated . . . sadly the r4 team has stopped with their updates and r4 production. so i reccomend a new flash card (cyclods evolution is the best ut is pricey) or try ysmenu it helps in some cases

right

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
seanvol said:
Okay. I'm TOTALLY lost. I downloaded a2h's ysmenu thing. I said to make a ysmenu. It asks for where ysmenu is located, and I went to where I extracted ysmenu from yasu's website (which was my desktop) and nothing that I extracted appeared. It was an nds file and some exe's that did nothing. What do I do?01). Run simplyrevcfgng.exe
02). Press the "Firmware" button on the left.
03). Select the "Install a firmware replacement" option.
04). Select the "YSMenu" option.
05). Choose your setup options for cheats and type of YSMenu (Firmware / Media (Moonshell replacement) / Through filebroswer (NDS ROM))
06). Press the "Browse..." button and find your YSMenuxxxxxxxxxx.zip
07). Press "Start" and let the program do it's thing.
When finished, a window will pop up saying:QUOTEWe're done! When you click OK, the directory containing the generated YSMenu
files will appear. Copy the files to the root of your flashcard. Be sure to overwrite
files when asked, and ensure you have a backup.
08). Press OK and then insert your flashcard.
09). Back up the files on your flashcard if you haven't done so yet.
10). Copy the files from the folder that was opened over to your flashcard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Thank you based Dinoh.