Mario+Rabbids still asking for update but I'm on latest OS.

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by nor3x, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Giga_Gaia

Giga_Gaia GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 12, 2006
    Canada
    Quebec, Canada
    It literally doesn't matter what you do, if you made any modifications to your Switch, no matter how insignificant, you will eventually be banned, even if you just ran some homebrew once.

People who keep asking for ways to avoid it are hilarious, because you can't avoid it.

The only way not to be banned is to not have SX OS, atmosphere or do any modifications whatsoever, legal or not. So buy a Switch, buy your games physical or digital and you won't get banned.

You can erase all the logs you want, it also won't matter. First of all, I bet there are logs that simply can't be erased and that only Nintendo can see, no matter how much hackers have access to the console. Even if you could erase everything, I am sorry but that would make you even more suspicious and you'd have even more chances to be banned.

So yeah OP, just update the game because what you do really doesn't matter, you will be banned anyway, which doesn't matter since you can still update your games and your firmware anyway. Even if Nintendo changed that, we will be able to install DLCs and updates manually before they do anyway.

Last edited by Giga_Gaia, Jun 27, 2018
    Trappie and leerz like this.
  2. fixingmytoys

fixingmytoys GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 4, 2018
    Australia
    what he said ^

3. Havok10

Havok10 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2009
    United States
    Well said. Pretty much exactly what I was going to post. Your switch is already contaminated. You will never know if you have already been flagged.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Have you tried saying download? Maybe the update is already on your switch.

4. annson24

annson24 The Patient One

May 5, 2016
    Philippines
    Why are you scared of being banned, what online access do you want to have in the future?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

5. luan43

luan43 GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2010
    Just update, maybe buy the dlc as a wink to nintendo before they ban you too.

6. luan43
    This message by luan43 has been removed from public view by Joe88, Jun 27, 2018, Reason: Double post.
    Jun 27, 2018
  7. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    I get why they force updates on version mismatches to avoid potential issues, but I'm not a fan of this new era of cartridges that don't contain the full game. It couldn't be more obvious how much they are trying to push to the digital only age. Yuck.

8. leerz

leerz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 11, 2015
    Makati
    I did this, deleted all stuff related to it and still no sugar. I ended up just updated and quickly turning wifi off.

lol don't buy game yet buy dlc omg lol :P peace

9. CarefulCrysis

CarefulCrysis GBAtemp Fan

Jan 25, 2013
    Birmingham, United Kingdom
    no ban for me updated every backup game so far on sx os :)

yadspi likes this.
  10. Aldoria

Aldoria GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2018
    France
    Update or don't play
    stop crying in your thread please
    that's not our fault if you have to update so stop

yadspi likes this.
  11. yadspi

yadspi GBAtemp Regular

Feb 1, 2016
    There are a lot of people saying crap like if they work at Nintendo. To the OP, update the game or don't play it, why buy a piracy OS to be offline and scared all the time? To the people who are 100% certain of what they are saying...stop, nobody knows exactly what Nintendo sees on your Switch or how they are banning. I posted this in another thread also: "I'm still not banned, I'm now always online (haven't played online multiplayer games) I update games inside SX OS FW and juts use my switch as if the cartridges were original purchased, I also have pSNES, pFBA with a couple of ROMs. Never used mods or layeredFS."

SW-3220-7749-3609 Is my friend code, you can add me and see my activities, and can post a pic of my games on SX OS and me being online. The ONLY thing I haven't done is play online multiplayer games because I don't like them, but I use my Switch with SX OS since release like normal, no airplane mode, clearing logs, updating in OFW or any of that shit.

Last edited by yadspi, Jun 27, 2018
    Brawl345 likes this.
  12. trOublie

trOublie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2007
    Brazil
    I love how assumptions are made around here.

I don't know from where this "want to play online? just don't do any mods to the switch, mods = ban" thing came. I have an old 3DS which I play online a lot and not banned (4 years), I have a Wii + WiiU on the same situation.

This is just starting, that's why the bans. Once figured out why, things will be better.

Brawl345 and nor3x like this.
  13. alienware777

alienware777 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2009
    United States
    Nah

14. GravitySandwich

GravitySandwich Member

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2018
    Netherlands
    They are. When you update it sends the games unique ID. Which in our case is not unique anymore. So yes he will get flagged and banned in the next wave.

15. Paulo77ks

Paulo77ks Member

Newcomer
    May 7, 2015
    France
    Hi will there not be a way to go online later ? it may be a reason not to take the risk of being ban

16. mattytrog

mattytrog You don`t want to listen to anything I say.

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    If you are worried about being banned, son, you shouldn`t have put on your eye patch.

Ninty bans you. So fookin what? You still have a switch to play on.

I can`t work people out who are scared of being banned. You can run any "backup" you like. You take the rough with the smooth.

I bought SX os as our toddler is forever losing the cartridges. I found one inside his robot (one of them ones called Gadget with the coins. He calls him daddy robot for some reason). So this is worth it to me. No more missing cartridges! No more getting £40 and pouring diesel on it and lighting it by replacing said cartridges.

I don`t care if that particular unit gets banned. Online seems full of foul mouthed little bastards who are still attached to their mums tit. Who wants that? Apart from other entitled foul-mouthed little bastards attached to their mums tit?

We didn`t have online play in my day. Our friends used to actually come round and play and wait while the cassette with chuckie egg loaded. Whats wrong with actually seeing your friends?

Anyway. Rant over. This Jack Daniels is good sh*t.

17. alienware777

alienware777 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2009
    United States
    Insert a real cart, take a nand dump, fully delete the game data, insert a emulated cart, and take a nand dump. Compare the two. The data sections for it will be exactly the samr

18. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    But switch doesn't have online chat, except for Fortnite. So your "foul mouthed little bastards" argument isn't very valid. And not everyone lives in the same area as their friends, so playing with them online is sometimes the only way to play with them. That's how I played games with my sister when she was doing college out of state.

19. mattytrog

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Oh its valid... at least round here, they are indeed foul-mouthed little cretins. I used to listen to my nephew playing COD (or other marine species) and it was disgusting...

leerz likes this.
  20. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    I'll repeat it again because you seem to have missed my point. Switch doesn't have online chat unlike the other consoles, so unless we get an actual online chat, that point isn't valid on the switch.

Romain80200 likes this.
  21. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    This. Had it with almost every game I ever played on cart. I just went to OFW and updated all of them. Just mount all your games once so they show up in the menu, go to OFW and initiate a download.

22. mattytrog

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I didn't know that. Genuinely.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted