Mario Party Superstars revealed, has boards from the N64 games, online, 100 classic minigames

One of the biggest pieces of news from the E3 2021 Nintendo Direct was the announcement of a new Mario Party title. The recently revealed Mario Party Superstars is a compilation game that mixes together 100 of the series' best minigames, played on 5 classic boards from the first three N64 Mario Party games, all with online play, both with friends and random matchmaking. All modes will offer local and online play, and more. It'll be launching on October 29th.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
seriously a worthy mario party game finaly now they can with time add all n64 stages or just with dlc imo, i wouldnt mind getting all n64 mario party boards in one switch cartridge.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't care for MP 3. i would love to see the GC titles and the first mario party 8 on wii

a Mario Party 1-8 i would so support but that's just me. still the best mini-games are 1 and 2 i may buy if online is good

Reactions: BlazeMasterBM
D

Deleted User

Theoretically, I've always enjoyed the Mario Party Games so I am glad this is here as it will definitely be great for those who need it.

On the practical side of things, the last Party Games were played with exes so not really the memories I want to relive.
Not like Nintendo could see that coming, but I will most likely pass on buying this nonetheless ...

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only 5 boards. You give dozens of character selections and level selections to Super Smash Brothers but always end up giving Mario Party scraps

Last edited by MSearles,

SDA

Shame Yourself
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I remember Nintendo already made a classic minigames collection, that is Mario Party: The Top 100 for 3DS. It received mixed to almost negative reviews.

They're going to do this again and I fear this new collection is going to be criticized bad too. After all, the whole Mario Party series wasn't well-received, especially the Wii titles.

BlazeMasterBM

I Eat Garlics
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still worried that it will have bad gameplay and lacking content just like Super Mario Party, with a high price and almost no free content updates ever...
it seems like they specifically pointed out things that pissed people off with Super, so I doubt this would be the case. For instance, they mentioned the controller and online play

Reactions: Kioku

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Cool! Hope this include some content from Mario Party 1+2+3 (N64), Mario Party 8+9 (Wii) and Mario Party 10 (Wii U). But by now i'm interested in Mario Party 9 (Wii) and Super Mario Party (Switch) xD
well boards will be from mario party n64 ones, the minigames i guess will be some assortment from all games imo.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I remember Nintendo already made a classic minigames collection, that is Mario Party: The Top 100 for 3DS. It received mixed to almost negative reviews.

They're going to do this again and I fear this new collection is going to be criticized bad too. After all, the whole Mario Party series wasn't well-received, especially the Wii titles.
the mario party top 10 first was on 3ds so no couch coop and second it didnt include the original board styles of n64 play.

srs the best mario party styles of play are from 1-5 imo 6 and up started changing the formula and it was all downhill, now i see this as a return to greatness, i love the stars apearing on random places, the maps not being a one way street and so on, its overal the best, and i hope with free updates or even dlc they can remaster most n64 boards into these collections instead of just the current 5.

Reactions: SaulFabre

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: