Mario Party 9 Crashes on USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by ISO-Man, Mar 24, 2013.

Mar 24, 2013
  1. ISO-Man
    OP

Member ISO-Man GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I searched threads first.

This a newly soft modded Wii (Newb Alert!)

I have 4.3 USA Wii with just HomeBrew and USB Loader GX.
    Using USB Drive: Partition 1= 500GB Fat32 (USB Loader GX), Partition2= 500GB WFBS (My WII Games)
    All my games work that Cleanrip had no errors on.
    Cleanrip shows that Mario Party is a DL Disk.
    I put the BCA that Cleanrip made into proper location.

Game crashes at various times but mostly at startup with Wii mote lights will keep flashing and activity light on USB Drive showing in use.

I used the USB Loader GX basic package (No bells or whistles).

Any help would be great and bonus appreciation for explanation to a solution :)
    I do want to learn/understand what is going on for future troubleshooting.

Thanks,

ISO-Man <-- Old Efnet days from too many years ago :)

2. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    Don't recall Mario Party 9 being a dual-layer game at all so I would try ripping the game again, maybe even using USB Loader to rip your game this time and see if you have better luck

3. ISO-Man
    OP

United States
    OOPS! You are correct sir! I was looking at the file below it :) It is NOT DL disc.

Added FYI: I never used a WAD manager on my Wii (if that has relevance). I only did the very basic install/setup as shown on a google doc site that was excellent to follow (idiot proof).

I have 18 games with all but this one that works 100%.
    My son has his Skylanders USB thingy still plugged in.. would that matter? None of the other games are bothered by it.

Thanks,

ISO-Man

4. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    I wouldn't think the Skylanders USB bit would harm the ripping or running of the iso but it is never a bad idea to remove all un-needed devices while trouble shooting.

5. ISO-Man
    OP

United States
    I just deleted the save game file (recommended in an old thread I read). Click start on the game and black screen is all I get. HD shows activity. Skylanders USB thing removed.

ISO-Man

6. ISO-Man
    OP

United States
    UPDATE: Just tried another game and I get Reading Disc screen. Something happened middle of the night with me goofing around the settings... Should I select default settings and get recommended changes to defaults? Should I redo my WFBS partition?

Thanks,
    ISO-Man

UPDATE: I put a disc in and try to load a different game in usb loader gx. The game selection screen freezes and the dvd drive lite is solid on.

GOOD NEWS!
    I hooked up my old thrown together USB drive (ide) that I was using in setting up and testing the Wii. 1st boot of a game and I got the 'Looking for CD'. Reboot, and everything is working 100%. I dumped Mario Party 9 and my son is playing it for 15 minutes and still counting.

My new USB drive that is giving me fits is 1.5TB in (3) 500GB partitions (Fat32,WBFS, NTFS).
    ?Lacie? Porsche Design.

Could it be not 100% compatible? I already redone WBFS partition and now redoing the Fat32 with a copy of USB Loader GX from the old generic USB drive.

Thanks,

ISO-Man

7. ISO-Man
    OP

United States
    Just wanted to give answer to my issue instead leaving this thread in limbo :)

The USB Drive is NOT compatible with WBFS. Some games on drive may work, but liability is not there.

Lacie Porsche 1.5TB USB Drive

Thanks for help in determining the problem :)

ISO-Man