Hacking Mario Party 8: Unused Minigames

DonnyKD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read here: http://tcrf.net/Mario_Party_8#Unused_Mini-Games that three minigames exist but are unused in Mario Party 8.

I ask if anyone can do a file replacement (like with Mario Kart Wii and NSMBW via Riivolution) type thing to make playing these games possible.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Riivolution could work too. That is probably the simplest method in the end.

IIRC, mario party 8 is less than 1.5 gb, so if you have at least 1.5 gb of free space on your SD card then you'll be all set.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

IIRC, mario party 8 is less than 1.5 gb, so if you have at least 1.5 gb of free space on your SD card then you'll be all set.
You don't copy the entire game for Riivolution, you just need the files you want to use instead of the ones on the disc.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States

You don't copy the entire game for Riivolution, you just need the files you want to use instead of the ones on the disc.
Yeah, and exactly how do you extract a few individual files from a wii disc? Keep in mind, he has retail games, not some ISO that he downloaded. So he does need to rip the game first unless you know of some wii homebrew that will let him extract individual files.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, and exactly how do you extract a few individual files from a wii disc? Keep in mind, he has retail games, not some ISO that he downloaded. So he does need to rip the game first unless you know of some wii homebrew that will let him extract individual files.
WiiXplorer.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
WiiXplorer.
I didn't know that app could do that. Thats nice to know.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
How DO I extract individual files with WiiXplorer?
When the disc is in, click the icon (SD or USB, depending on what you are running WiiXplorer from) in the top left corner and choose the disc one. Copy the file you want (+ is right-click) and then paste it on your SD/USB.

DonnyKD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When the disc is in, click the icon (SD or USB, depending on what you are running WiiXplorer from) in the top left corner and choose the disc one. Copy the file you want (+ is right-click) and then paste it on your SD/USB.

The option isn't available for me.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

DonnyKD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The option isn't available for me.
Do you have the disc in before you start WiiXplorer?

Yup.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Try remounting the drives.

What do you mean? I'm trying to get WiiXplorer (the app is loaded through the SD card) to read the game disk (Mario Party 8) in the Wii's Disk Drive.
Click Start and then Reload/Restart/Reset. I don't remember which one, just try something.

DonnyKD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Try remounting the drives.

What do you mean? I'm trying to get WiiXplorer (the app is loaded through the SD card) to read the game disk (Mario Party 8) in the Wii's Disk Drive.
Click Start and then Reload/Restart/Reset. I don't remember which one, just try something.

Nope, it just won't read it. Is it because of the disk drive/Wii? Can WiiXplorer read disc drives from black Wiis?
As long as it's not a burned disc, it should be able to. Are you just not seeing the DVD in the list of devices?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: