Mario Party 8 Freezing issue

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by nknave, Jul 20, 2009.

Jul 20, 2009

Mario Party 8 Freezing issue by nknave at 10:30 PM (1,334 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. nknave

Member nknave GBAtemp Regular

Jun 23, 2009
    Hello guys, I need some input please.

I did not find a thread to my problem, so I create a new one.

Let me put it as simple as I can.

Mario Party 8 freezes when I choose a candy (Like Roller Ball, or Duelo).

This is via NeoGamma Loader, Disc Channel Loading, IOS249, however I load it, it happens.

Now, I don't seem to have a clear conclusion of the issue since It didn't fail like that in a previous

- Is there an issue know of this game? (Like, the game needs a patch or something)
    - Can it be a bad burn? (Disc doesn't have a scratch, it's almost perfect).
    - Can my Wii's dvd rom going bad all cause of the wear?

I need recomendations please. And just for the Note, this is the only game that does this, all my other games load fine.

- Burn disc again at slower speed?
    - Clean my dvd lens?
    - Apply the .ppf patch to fix this issue (ROFL, I made this up just in case it does exists)
    - Apply certain settings in NeoGamma?

Thank you all for you time.
  2. wyndcrosser

Member wyndcrosser GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 28, 2009
    United States
    Have you tried ripping the game to a USB HD and play from there? You can see if it's the disc, or if it still messes up it maybe an issue with certain files (the ones you hacked to make your WII modded) and you need to either update these or redownload them. Basically you'd start from scratch installing the right files, you can find tutorials on here.

3. Red Ire Lap

Newcomer Red Ire Lap Advanced Member

Jun 8, 2009
    It could also simply be a bad download if that were the case if you did download it. It could be any number of problems, but i suggest trying the most common solutions out first.