OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've decided to pick up another hobby (in addition to paper crafting): Painting!

It started off with my urge to paint my DS Lite. Instead, I ended up hand painting the clear case for the DS Lite. I didn't want to risk taking the DS Lite apart and possibly damaging it. I was somewhat content with the finished product (sorry, no picture), but I decided to be a little more adventurous.

I took an old GBA SP that I had laying around and decided to take it apart and paint it. I didn't take pictures of the process, but here is the finished product. I used a textured metallic gray for the main color and a metallic gold for the triforce.

Paints%20005.jpg

Paints%20006.jpg

After painting the GBA SP, I decided I'd take it a bit further and find other stuff to paint. I noticed that I had a plain white Guitar Hero III Wii faceplate. I made two stencils out of card stock using the same mario image. I first sprayed on the base coat in textured metallic gray. Then, I spray painted one layer of metallic blue using one stencil cutout. Finally, I added on the final layer in white. I think I'm going to use contact paper next time because I had to tape down the bits and pieces of the card stock and it was very time consuming and sloppy. I ended up having to touch up the image by hand. All in all, I'm happy with the finished product as well and I feel like I'm getting the hang out it.

Paints%20004.jpg

Paints%20002.jpg

Paints%20003.jpg

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
Dude that guitar thing is one of the most badass things ive ever seen
blink.gif

Damn you gotta teach me how you do stuff like that
nyanya.gif

Site & Scene News