Mario Movie Cast Reveal, Blizzard Situation (LAWYER UPDATE), GBAtemp V8 Explained - Tempcast #58

tempcast-169-logo-png.246523
In this week's episode we are in shock and awe as everybody else from the Nintendo Direct which happened on September 23rd. From the Super Mario movie cast reveal to N64 games finally coming to the switch, albeit not in a way many of us hoped, we discuss these topics in excruciating detail. Furthermore, we talk about the new and revamped GBAtemp V8. Alongside those topics, we also touch on the subject of Blizzards CEO getting a subpoena, in our lawyer segment led by special guest Eric "Ericzander" Zander esq., who unfortunately had to practice social distancing during the recording of this episode, for he is an avid anti-vaxxer and refuses to wear a mask, because it "muffles the quality" of his voice track.

Theme by VinsCool and AlanJohn​
Also available on:
:arrow: Spotify
:arrow: Apple Podcasts
:arrow: Google Podcasts
:arrow: Breaker
:arrow: RadioPublic
:arrow: PocketCasts
:arrow: Anchor.fm
:arrow: Overcast
:arrow: Direct MP3 Download

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
in our lawyer segment led by special guest Eric "Ericzander" Zander esq., who unfortunately had to practice social distancing during the recording of this episode, for he is an avid anti-vaxxer and refuses to wear a mask, because it "muffles the quality" of his voice track.

We're all dumber for listening to this segment.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • felix.200 @ felix.200:
    that's just styling
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    If you're designing from the ground up you'll need php to store registration information into mysql databases
    Gift
  • felix.200 @ felix.200:
    you don't need php you just need some backend if you need registrations
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    If you use a service it's still technically not your coding unless it's open source
    Gift
  • felix.200 @ felix.200:
    The backend code can be written in a lot of languages
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    " that's just styling" fair but styling is important
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Yeah but you still need to know more then css html and js
    Gift
  • felix.200 @ felix.200:
    it certainly is
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Styling is not important lol
    Gift
  • felix.200 @ felix.200:
    but css is for designers or full stack devs
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    If you have enough information stored users could care less if it's black and white
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Plenty of phpbb themes are set to default and have 50k members
    Gift
    yeah but i would prefer websites to not look like dogshit
    Gift
  • felix.200 @ felix.200:
    Why would you need more than js, html and css for a basic website? You might need sql for your database but thats about it
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    If you want to truly call it your work that's why lol
    Gift
    actually that makes me think what's the line between "tolerably bad" and "this is so dogshit i won't even think of using it"
    Gift
  • felix.200 @ felix.200:
    what? lol
    Gift
  • felix.200 @ felix.200:
    If I write all my js css and html why would the work not be mine?
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    A basic site sure doesn't need it but if you want a community it's important
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    But still style isn't everything when it comes to websites
    Gift
    i think gbatemp's the only website where i've been made fun of for having an iphone
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Lol owning an iphone
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Honestly though tons of businesses rely on Apple products so eh who cares what you use
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    I don't know of a professional studio recorder that doesn't use protools for example
    Gift
    using an iphone is kinda weird at times because you can tell you're supposed to be in the whole apple ecosystem thing
    Gift
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: using an iphone is kinda weird at times because you can tell you're supposed to be in the whole...