Hacking Mario Maker 2 - User created levels for banned switch or with cfw?

• Thread starter HOv
  • Start date
  • Views 11,467
  • Replies 25
  • Likes 2

HOv

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering if this will be possible? I'm really excited to play Mario maker 2 and play some great user created levels. I know you can download and play them offline but I have a cfw so going online is a no go for me. Hopefully it will be possible to upload those user created levels for us to download and play for those of us with cfw.

Vadographer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i asked a similar question, specifically about a service like OCDM, but everyone jsut told me that the game wasn't out yet, so a verdict can't really be made yet. i would stick with this answer until after the game comes out, when we have more information about how the game will function

phillyrider807

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Won't know until its out but if the user made stages are in the same format as updates/dlc then it's pretty likely they will be able to be dumped.

HOv

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Won't know until its out but if the user made stages are in the same format as updates/dlc then it's pretty likely they will be able to be dumped.
I hope so. I played a lot of those user created levels with the first Mario maker on Wii u and they were so much fun. I had no creativity so all I did was play other people's levels lol

Vadographer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hopefully nintendo won't drastically change the way that levels are processed in MM2 compared to MM1 and MM3DS. the 3D world and extra themes may be an issue, bc they work very differently from the base 4 themes, but those base 4 have a good chance of staying the same way they always have. dont wanna get anyones hopes up, though, nintendo is unpredictable

D

Deleted User

you should ask this when the game is out. we don't know anything about the save structure.
smash ultimate does though with custom stages though, you can share them with banned users through checkpoint or other save managers.
let's wait for OCDM 2: Electric Boogaloo

D

Deleted User

i guess there will be an DNS for uploading and downloading levels sometimes or something like that.
but i dont think that there will be many levels.

HOv

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah for people that played the first Mario maker on Wii u like myself, there were countless levels. Some great, some good, some not so good. You're able to download them and play offline. It was pretty awesome. It's already confirmed it'll be the same with Mario maker 2. Here just hoping it's possible to get those levels on a cfw or banned switch. Game will be out in 2 weeks so we'll find out soon enough.

D

Deleted User

i dont think a dns would do anything, we are probably going to have something similar to smashstages.com where people rip popular stages are put it on the site

Vadographer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what i predict will happen is the individual levels will be released, there might be a website or a server that those levels are hosted on, and one would download and play those levels. but again, we dont know how these levels will work, they may not work that way. we will find out when the game releases. however if the levels are capable of working like the smash custom stages, there should definitely be a website or server created for hosting these levels, or possibly a category in the switch homebrew appstore for some levels or something, bc there will be a lot of them. a LOT.

HOv

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the game is out today. Has anybody figure out how to upload these user created levels for us with cfw or banned switch? I'm almost done with story mode and would love to play some more levels made by the community.

Reactions: drrastovac

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: