aka LkProd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
27xi3yp.png

Logo by Ssx9. Thanks!

So, now, we're (Me and Godson) making a Game Maker game.
It is called Mario & Luigi: New to Tomorrow

Synopsis:
One day, Mario & Luigi are teleported to the future.
A future, where Mario & Luigi are dead, but, their sons are alive.
Mario Jr., Mario's son, is trying to stop Luigi Jr. from destroying the universe.
Luigi Jr. conquered the world, and now even Bowser is fighting with him.
The only hope is... Mario & Luigi...

Ok, It's still in the beginning, but let me share some info:
Powerups:
Fire Flower
Feather
Paper Cap
[NEW] Goomblob
[NEW] Rock Mario
More to be released soon.

Videos:
[youtube]7xtotBVrRYg[/youtube]

Game Characters:
Mario & Luigi (Duh)
Mario Jr.
2ev6udy.png

Luigi Jr.
16auxiq.png

Eugene Gadd (Elvin Gadd's son)
2r40n88.png

Related to M&LN2T:
Stuck Peach
24q6ek3.png

Mysterious Character
3357gpu.png

Others to be revealed soon.

Additional info on the Story:
How Mario Died:
After fighting with Luigi and he dying, Mario went to talk to Wario, that gave him directions to Bowser Castle. As Mario came in, Bowser wanted to know what he was doing there. He said that he wanted to work for him.
He also said he couldn't live withouth Luigi, Peach and Daisy. Bowser, then, thinking it may be a good thing, killed Mario. But then, Luigi Jr. conquered the world and even Bowser is fighting with Luigi Jr.

How Luigi Died:
Luigi went insane due to an accident that happend to Daisy, in which also caused Luigi Jr's transformation, killing his father. Before both of their deaths, Mario & Luigi had a fight of Luigi's insanity. Taking it on his son. Some time before Mario's Death, Luigi Jr could no longer hold the feeling inside of him. And Killed Luigi

Logos:
Mario & Luigi: New to Tomorrow:
27xi3yp.png

Mario & Luigi: New 2 Tomorrow:
2m4om1j.png

New to Tomorrow 3:
svm00o.png

Release date: TBA

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
YO!

Hey, good to see that people here in the GBAtemp community are using tha game maker (7,8, pro?)
Anyways, I noticed a few things. (as experienced game maker user, Mabey you want to hear my opinion?)

-Floating text is ok, but sometimes, it makes the game look a little .. rushed. Best is to work with either pop up messages (the easy text function at events), or make it pop up as a script thing.
-Too many Goomba's out there. I know its a demo, but try to reduce the amount.
-The tiles are ok, but mabey you can get rid of the black lines in between. It can be easily done by coloring in paint or so. (Game Maker can do this too, make sure you activate grid)
-I like sprite animations, they are good.
Thats about it. Questions? Pm me. (few years of GM experience)

Lokao0

aka LkProd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
boktor666 said:
YO!

Hey, good to see that people here in the GBAtemp community are using tha game maker (7,8, pro?)
Anyways, I noticed a few things. (as experienced game maker user, Mabey you want to hear my opinion?)

-Floating text is ok, but sometimes, it makes the game look a little .. rushed. Best is to work with either pop up messages (the easy text function at events), or make it pop up as a script thing.
-Too many Goomba's out there. I know its a demo, but try to reduce the amount.
-The tiles are ok, but mabey you can get rid of the black lines in between. It can be easily done by coloring in paint or so. (Game Maker can do this too, make sure you activate grid)
-I like sprite animations, they are good.
Thats about it. Questions? Pm me. (few years of GM experience)

We're using Game Maker 8(Pro)
About the goomba issue:
Yep, I thought that too. But as it is a tutorial world, we'll reduce it just a bit.

Godson777

yo waddup
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is some extra info about World 4.

Mario & Luigi will wear 3 different kinds of clothing to hide their identity.

Mario:

All Red.
Luigi Style.
Black and Yellow.

Luigi:

All Green.
Mario Style.
White and Blue.

Lokao0

aka LkProd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Update:
Added another character
2j3jrrk.png

It's a mysterious character...
Also, made by me from scratch.
(Hard work Lol)

Fun Fact:
His mouth is actually a Speaker!

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sort of wish I could implement my Mario story into RPG Maker, but I have shit coding skills when it comes to that.

Godson777

yo waddup
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Okay, I'll ask it since no one else will...Why is Luigi Jr. evil? I mean, what's his motive? Is he being controlled?
Didn't you read why the future Mario & Luigi died in the first post? That'll explain why Luigi Jr is evil too.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Godson777 said:
machomuu said:
Okay, I'll ask it since no one else will...Why is Luigi Jr. evil? I mean, what's his motive? Is he being controlled?
Didn't you read why the future Mario & Luigi died in the first post? That'll explain why Luigi Jr is evil too.
No it doesn't. It just out of nowhere says that Luigi Jr. conquered the world and that he killed Luigi. I don't really see how he became evil.

Godson777

yo waddup
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Godson777 said:
machomuu said:
No it doesn't. It just out of nowhere says that Luigi Jr. conquered the world and that he killed Luigi. I don't really see how he became evil.
Luigi Jr became evil because of all the torture Luigi gave him. Didn't you see that?

"Taking it on his son." Showed he was torturing Luigi Jr.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Godson777 said:
machomuu said:
Godson777 said:
machomuu said:
Luigi Jr became evil because of all the torture Luigi gave him. Didn't you see that?

True, but that doesn't show that he turned evil, that happens to many people and they don't turn evil, if anything in most cases that makes them more prone to sensitivity. The only reason I know that is because you told me.

Godson777

yo waddup
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Godson777 said:
machomuu said:
Godson777 said:
machomuu said:

True, but that doesn't show that he turned evil, that happens to many people and they don't turn evil, if anything in most cases that makes them more prone to sensitivity. The only reason I know that is because you told me.
Also, his mom (Daisy) died due to an accident, which the death of Luigi mentions. Though it doesn't really show how Luigi Jr is evil. I should start working on that...
blink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Purple_Heart, fuck i'm feeling old too