ROM Hack Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story

.Chris

Clueless
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm having some trouble with BIS. I try to play it on my R4 with firmware 1.18, and it hangs up on the load/new file screen. Please help!

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's pretty complicated, but everything you need to know can be found in this topic:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=182048&hl=mario

Or you can ditch your R4 and get a decent flash cart.
wink.gif

Zhelkus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Besides, staying with the official R4 is pointless because it's no longer being maintained by the original developers. If you find a game you like that isn't playable, you'll be forced to wait for a release group to make a quickfix for it or sit back and sulk.

Switch to YSMENU now. It's maintained and it's a very good alternative. Don't be afraid of losing your R4, you can back it all up and use it again whenever you want. Odds are you won't.

.Chris

Clueless
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no i dont think it was installed as a firmware. so twiztidsinz and DeMoN both have the correct firmwares that i should download? does it really matter which one i download?

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You could set up a "dual boot" on your original R4....this way the standard R4 boots up and you select the normal icon for games to play using R4 F/W 1.18, or would be able to select 2nd icon (multimedia) to play roms using YSMenu.
If interested, you will need to search R4 section for the thread
wink2.gif

edit: With that said, I prefer to use the Moonshell/YSMenu combo on my old R4 - it looks similar to M3 Sakura firmware

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DaDownloadMan said:
so twiztidsinz and DeMoN both have the correct firmwares that i should download?
twiztidsinz said:
Use a2h's YSMenu Generator to build YSMenu with DSTT 1.17a07 firmware.
Then update the infolib/extinfo/savlib dat files from here: http://sites.google.com/site/weeklyinfolib/

QUOTE(Dark^'^Knight @ Dec 8 2009, 02:40 AM)
edit: With that said, I prefer to use the Moonshell/YSMenu combo on my old R4 - it looks similar to M3 Sakura firmware
I wish it had better 'support/compatibility' for loading games in emulators.
The NES one works fine (Loads the emulator playing the game), but the ones for SNES/GBC don't (just loads the emulator).

Also, you have to use Moonshell 2.06 or lower.
2.07/2.08 will not activate the YSMenu loader.

.Chris

Clueless
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait a sec... where can i find this "YSMenu########.zip" and it needs to be in a "YSMenu file"? the link it gives in a2h's YSMenu Generator, i can't find it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there