Hacking Mario&Luigi Bowser's inside story + ysmenu on original R4 + ch

WangerZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, i have the original r4 and i want to use cheats, just want to mess around a bit, and every time i load the game with only 1 cheat, i get the white screen of death...can anyone help? or is it impossible?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which Original R4? The White one or Black one? If one of those, did you Try this Method of YSMenu: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130359 ? Because this Method is Faster and Easier to Install YSMenu. Maybe you installed your YSMenu wrong or something, because I have a Black Original R4 and I use YSMenu too, it works fine! This is the Original YSMenu Installation: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=164359 Try the First link to Install YSMenu; it's easier and less confusing.
happy.gif

WangerZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ireland 1 said:
Can you give us more info on you ys menu and R4
i have the latest ysmenu using the ysmenu builder

QUOTE(I am r4ymond @ Oct 26 2009, 05:14 PM) Which Original R4? The White one or Black one? If one of those, did you Try this Method of YSMenu: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130359 ? Because this Method is Faster and Easier to Install YSMenu. Maybe you installed your YSMenu wrong or something, because I have a Black Original R4 and I use YSMenu too, it works fine! This is the Original YSMenu Installation: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=164359 Try the First link to Install YSMenu; it's easier and less confusing.
happy.gif

i have the white one

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WangerZ said:
Ireland 1 said:
Can you give us more info on you ys menu and R4
i have the latest ysmenu using the ysmenu builder

QUOTE(I am r4ymond @ Oct 26 2009, 05:14 PM) Which Original R4? The White one or Black one? If one of those, did you Try this Method of YSMenu: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130359 ? Because this Method is Faster and Easier to Install YSMenu. Maybe you installed your YSMenu wrong or something, because I have a Black Original R4 and I use YSMenu too, it works fine! This is the Original YSMenu Installation: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=164359 Try the First link to Install YSMenu; it's easier and less confusing.
happy.gif

i have the white one

Can you Determine if your White R4 is a Real one? It matters if your R4 is Real or a Clone, because, you have to follow Some Different Steps if your R4 is a clone. Anyhow, YSMenu should work Fine on your R4.

WangerZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:
Can you Determine if your White R4 is a Real one? It matters if your R4 is Real or a Clone, because, you have to follow Some Different Steps if your R4 is a clone. Anyhow, YSMenu should work Fine on your R4.

that depends, when did the clones come in? i got mine a few years ago. and how can i tell if my r4 is real or not?

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WangerZ said:
I am r4ymond said:

that depends, when did the clones come in? i got mine a few years ago. and how can i tell if my r4 is real or not?

If the website given on the box of your R4 was www.r4ds.cn it's probably an original one.
If it says R4 SDHC/Ultra/Poop/etc... then it's a clonecard.

But I suggest you try to install YSMenu manually, with the guide in the sticky topic.
If it's an original R4 it shouldn't be too hard to install it.

toukairin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hi i used the "Modified R4YSauto with DSTT 1.17a07" method, downloaded the latest infolib, and still can't load game with cheats...

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
toukairin said:
hi i used the "Modified R4YSauto with DSTT 1.17a07" method, downloaded the latest infolib, and still can't load game with cheats...

The infolib.dat is for loading games faster, NOT for showing cheats. Have you tried moving the USRCHEAT.DAT/CHEAT.DAT to the TTMENU folder?

toukairin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I am r4ymond said:
toukairin said:

The infolib.dat is for loading games faster, NOT for showing cheats. Have you tried moving the USRCHEAT.DAT/CHEAT.DAT to the TTMENU folder?
yes, there's the newest USRCHEAT.DAT in the TT menu folder.

toukairin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I dunno if my R4 is the original or clone. all this time i only know it as original, but then you said it's either white or black R4, well mine's is grey, written "R4 : Revolution for DS (NDS/NDSL)".

So I started all over again, using R4 v1.18 as the basic firmware. I use the r4ysauto method to get YSmenu that's started like one of the games. Selected YSmenu, launching Bowser's Inside Story...without cheat, OK, but with cheats on, white screen freeze...
Might and Magic, after few moments, stays black, freeze...

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
toukairin said:
I dunno if my R4 is the original or clone. all this time i only know it as original, but then you said it's either white or black R4, well mine's is grey, written "R4 : Revolution for DS (NDS/NDSL)".

So I started all over again, using R4 v1.18 as the basic firmware. I use the r4ysauto method to get YSmenu that's started like one of the games. Selected YSmenu, launching Bowser's Inside Story...without cheat, OK, but with cheats on, white screen freeze...
Might and Magic, after few moments, stays black, freeze...

Did you get the latest extinfo.dat, infolib.dat, and savlib.dat? If not, go here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=164807 and move the three items to the TTMENU folder on your Flashcart.

toukairin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
ok i used the same setting except with DSTT kernel is a12. placed the newest extinfo.dat, infolib.dat, and savlib.dat

still white screen if I use cheats...

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
toukairin said:
ok i used the same setting except with DSTT kernel is a12. placed the newest extinfo.dat, infolib.dat, and savlib.dat

still white screen if I use cheats...

Well, did you get the latest YSMenu? (latest I know was in March something, 27/3/2009?)

toukairin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
well I used the r4ysauto, so basically what i know that it's using the latest YSMenu... Used Yasu's YSMenu0903270000.zip

I found out that if I only used the max coin (select button) code, it will not freeze... you can play as usual... but if you used the coin+exp multiplier code, it'd freeze.

I tried to get round it using r4cce and edited the code so it's pressing select to turn on the exp code and start to turn it off. well it kinda works, you can play the game. but if you turn on the code... BAM you can't save at all. When u said to the saveglobin you'd like to save, BLACK SCREEN.

this is kinda interesting and frustrating both at the same time
biggrin.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
toukairin said:
well I used the r4ysauto, so basically what i know that it's using the latest YSMenu... Used Yasu's YSMenu0903270000.zip

I found out that if I only used the max coin (select button) code, it will not freeze... you can play as usual... but if you used the coin+exp multiplier code, it'd freeze.

I tried to get round it using r4cce and edited the code so it's pressing select to turn on the exp code and start to turn it off. well it kinda works, you can play the game. but if you turn on the code... BAM you can't save at all. When u said to the saveglobin you'd like to save, BLACK SCREEN.

this is kinda interesting and frustrating both at the same time
biggrin.gif

Just use a2h's YSMenu Generator, it's very easy.
smile.gif
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130359. Just place a Location of YSMenu0903270000.zip on your desktop, and make it as "Through Filebrowser" or however you want it to. Get infolib.dat on your desktop. Open GUI, search for YSMenu location and infolib.dat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI...