Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story G6 Lite

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by dragonmagician, Sep 15, 2009.

1. dragonmagician
    OP

Newcomer dragonmagician Newbie

Canada
    Does anybody know if the G6 Team is working on a update for the G6 Lite to get the game working?

I realize that the firmware/loader has not been updated in a while, but all games that I have been playing have been working on it. I believe this is the first game that does not work on it.

My whole family is using G6 Lite (since it was so awesome at the time), and none of us can play this game. I just want to know if G6 lite is still being supported (and I don't mind waiting as long as I know someone is working on it), or do I need to buy a different flash card to play this game (and probably other games in the future).

Thanks in advanced.

2. staticfritz

Member staticfritz GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Totally. I love my G6. If they would post a fix for this and Trauma Centre 2, that would be awesome. G6 team...are you out there?

3. odyssy

Newcomer odyssy Advanced Member

Canada
    Just want to say that I am extremely disappointed that the G6 team has been completely missing in action for more than a year.. this flash cart was not cheap (but I believed it would be the most "trouble free" one at the time I bought it.. aargh [​IMG] ).

I certainly will not be giving these people my business again.. ever.

4. kid sampson

Member kid sampson GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This is my backup card and the one I'm using at the moment considering I gave my AK2 to my little nephew. Still have yet to replace it. Been using it to play some classic GBA games though and the GBC Zelda titles.

I'd love it though if someone found a working solution for the G6 lite though with this game. It's one of the few new DS titles I've been interested in for some time now.

Would that Arm7 patching be of any help? I remember doing that for some titles, but it's been forever ago since I messed with that. Too used to drag and drop now. The other cards ruined me.

5. hey_suburbia

Member hey_suburbia Do The Lizard Bop

United States
    Using the xpa-ml3.bat patcher and trim rom it allowed me to boot up into the game, but freezes after selecting a save file. Is there where you guys are at?

Has anyone made it past the save screen or are most of you just trying to boot into it?

6. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    guys just buy a slot 1 i mean they dont even cost that much acekard 2i-$13 m3i zero-$21

7. hey_suburbia

Member hey_suburbia Do The Lizard Bop

United States
    Yeah, it's not so much the price it's just the fact that I actually enjoy (sometimes) patching and finding work-arounds. I think I'll go and order one. I've had great success with CycloDS in the past is that still a good card?

8. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    no if youy jusst wann play game the acekard 2 is the way to go

9. Makoto03

Member Makoto03 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Rockstar, Is the $13 Acekard i flashcard the newest model and have constant free updates? Also, will it play on my NDS lite, because i don't have a DS i yet.

10. House Spider

Banned House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Ireland
    Well most people mean AKAIO when they mean AK2. AKAIO does have fast enough updates on it loaders. which means good compatibility.

11. Makoto03

United States
    So Akaio and Acekard are two different things....Man, now i'm so confused!!! >_

12. papawar

Newcomer papawar Newbie

Spain
    I made it work on my G6DS Real with the just released 4.7 firmware. [​IMG]

13. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada

14. Makoto03

United States