Gaming Mario Luigi Bowser's Inside Story Freezes on R4i Gold (r4ids.cn)

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there,

I'm going crazy here. Got a R4i Gold from r4ids.cn, that one:

3ds7.jpg

I'm trying to play Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story and it is just unpredictable. At first it worked for an hour, then it randomly froze when Bowser entered a battle. It just freezes on that "star" animation that begins fights. I got the latest Kernel and so far I tried:

- reformatting microSD
- updating the flashcard itself
- using Xenophobia patched version
- using clean unpatched version
- using Backup Enabler cheat
- updating cheat database with RetroGameFan files and using the AP Fix Cheat (freezes on white screen)
- disabling all cheats

and nothing works. Sometimes it freezes at the same enemy three times in a row, then the fourth time it works, doesn't freeze for an hour and then freezes over and over again. It's just not predictable and I can't get it fixed.

As far as I know, Wood Kernel should patch all AP itself and normally there would absolutely nothing be needed. But it just doesn't work. Is there any help for that issue? Thanks!

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might I ask where you ordered it from?
Have you tried it on another console?
Have you tried it with a different microsd card?
It's quite possible either the cart or the card could be losing contact midplay, or it could be a rare issue with the console model in question.

To be entirely sure it's the card at fault you might want to have or find a friend with the same cart test the same dump and save file and check if they experience any issues in the same area.
If the errors are truly unique to you and you still can't get it working after trying a different console and SD card, I'd suggest contacting the distributer and seeing if they can arrange a replacement.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've already fixed the issue. Turns out any kind of kernel patches, may it be cheats, soft reset or rts, causes the freezes. When everything is turned off, it doesn't freeze anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended