Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story and really sh*t flashcart

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by MightyRearranger, Dec 22, 2015.

1. MightyRearranger
    OP

MightyRearranger Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2015
    Mount Erebus
    Hey guys.
    I'm trying to play this game on an R4 from www.r4isdhc.in (R4 SDHC dual core 2015).
    The card's apparently running Wood 1.62 (though it has an acekard theme?)
    The game works fine until the save load menu, after which it just stays on a black screen.
    From what I've collected so far, digging through really old pages from 2009, the game was one of the first that came with some new anti-piracy measure that affected a ton of flashcarts.
    I came across a couple solutions, but none of them worked:
    • Using a cheat code: Tried, but apparently it's not even for R4s, even it this one was legit
    • Installing YSmenu: From the little I found for my specific flashcart, it will apparently result in a brick, so I'm hesitant to trying it.
    • Patching the game through xDelta: This seems to me like the ideal solution, but all links I've found to the patch are either long dead or lead to an endless spiral of shit ads and then into some shady download page which then asks you to download their awesome "totally_not_adware.exe"
    I bought this card for a small handful of games I'd like to replay, and I'd rather not spend a shitton of money on a DSTWO+ or something.
    I'd appreciate if anyone pointed me in the right direction.

2. bennyroger

bennyroger GBAtemp Regular

Feb 17, 2010
    Norway
    Have you tried a different rom? It works very well on my fake and cheap R4i card (which is in fact a DSTT clone)
    Remember I paid $3.5 for this card......

3. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Addict

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    You can try to format your MicroSD card and try it again (backup the kernel first!) or you can try to patch the ROM with the ds-scene ROM tool.

4. MightyRearranger
    OP

MightyRearranger Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2015
    Mount Erebus
    I've already played several games and all of them have worked so far (unless you mean another Mario and Luigi ROM. My R4's not a DSTT clone, but an R4 one.

Tried the formatting thing and no dice. The ds-scene app says the ROM's not supported.

5. retrogamefan

retrogamefan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2009
    That is part of the AP kicking in.
    Can you try this modified kernel please : https://mega.nz/#!KJ0xVCaS!AEnkWG_a8Ykx86673mEBV2bbdELRm63XkDC7QxNpoT8
    Backup your µSD to PC
    Format your µSD with the Panasonic SDFormatter
    Use these options to format : FORMAT TYPE : FULL (OverWrite). FORMAT SIZE ADJUSTMENT : ON
    Extract the download, then copy folder contents to the root of your µSD.
    Add games to Games folder
    Then try the game.

Last edited by retrogamefan, Dec 25, 2015
  6. MightyRearranger
    OP

MightyRearranger Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2015
    Mount Erebus