Hacking Mario&Luigi 3 minor glitches with AKAIO1.5

cyberant

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I've been trying an unpatched mario and luigi - bowser's inside story with AK2i with AKAIO 1.5 and the latest loader (22/10/2009). It seems to work well except for a few glitches.

1)Did anyone else experience this?
2)Any fixes?
3)Are there other games with similar glitches with akaio 1.5 and the latest loader ?

the glitches :
- in the splash animations that appear before battles, the screen get somewhat swapped back and forth from top to bottom (for example in M&L's splash animation,in a certain part the star that falls down to the bottom screen suddenly flashes from top to bottom screen)

- sometimes the top of the top screen shows black pixels ("stripes") or flashes. this happens when saving (normal or specific data), when certain sounds are used is used (crowd cheering) or when I teleport.

Thanks for any help.

cyberant

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Thanks. Updated to 26/10 and checked...

seems to be the same. battle-start animation still glitches. Top screen "stripes" glitches during quizzes part (when loading a new question). it think that the "stripes" glitches appear when certain data is loaded to the memory (level data for teleportation, question for quizzes, certain SFX)

bach3609

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Try debugging the problem. See if it is in fact a problem with you only.

QUOTE said:
• Format your microSD using the Panasonic formatter
• Follow the AKAIO installation quick guide (found at the AKAIO WIKI)
• Update your AKAIO firmware
• Update the AKAIO loaders
• Try older AKAIO loaders
• Try the official loader
• Delete optionlist.bin and globalsettings.ini
• Read the “readme” files included with homebrew
• Verify your ROMs are clean dumps, by CRC
• Research the common problems with your Acekard
• Try your microSD in another Flash Linker, try another microSD in your Acekard
• Try your Acekard in another NDS
• Try another Acekard (ie: AK2i, AK 2.1,R.P.G.) or contact users at GBATemp.net to test for you.
• Try other dumps of the ROM (other regions, not other hosting sites)
• Try the different AKAIO DMA modes
• Try the ROM with patches (soft-reset, cheats, etc) turned off
• Try a retail game cart on your NDS
• 3in1 problems, try GBA Exploader and GBALdr. If one of those works, your problem is solved.
• Delete and replace files, windows 2k+ drag/drop may append and not overwrite
• Make use of the vast amount of information found at GBATemp’s Acekard forum.
• Try manually setting the save size (especially for R.P.G. issues).

I'll try and see if it has a problem when i get my hands on another acekard.

RyanRDLPS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there.
Just thought I'd jump in here as well. I was having the exact same problem with the video glitches on the star transition to battle animation.
Also the small draw line hiccups that would show up on the top screen when an item was obtained, etc. I'm happy to report however after
installing the latest loaders 10/26/09 things work splendidly and without a hitch. I just upgraded to the Ak2i from the M3i Zero and I can't be happier!
I have a larger class 6 16gig card and the Ak2i runs it beautifully even on Castlevania DOS.

Hope I helped!

cyberant

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Okay... Updated using the built-in WiFi updater instead of doing it manually (like I did before).

-The pre-battle animation now runs without glitches
yaynds.gif

-The line-glitch still appears , but seems to be much thinner and less disturbing than before. I only checked it again at the quizzes part, though, so I need to check it some more to be sure.

A little bit more details about my NDS & cartridge:
Console - DSi with 1.4U OS
Flashcard - AceKard2i cartridge, modified with the "danny phantom" fix so it would work in 1.4
Loader - AKAIO 1.5 with 26/10/2009 Loader (updated using built-in Wi-Fi updater)
SD card - 4GB kingston micro sd formatted with Panasonic Formatter

RyanRDLPS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup to add to that too...

I've confirmed the retail version of M&L:BIS. And it indeed does have the small graphical lines from time to time throughout. Looks like something that
happened with the U version. I've heard the E version however doesn't have this? Haven't confirmed yet. I stick to USA games all the time.

IMO I can live with the small lines though. That star glitch really was bugging me. I'm to OCD. Haha.

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i have another problem, ds lite, akaio 1.5 acekard rpg, usa version of BIS, unpatched but trimmed by ndstokyo when i select Save and Quit, it freezes with a white screen, and soft reset doesnt work for it, i have to disable soft reset in order to run it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: