Mario&Luigi 3 minor glitches with AKAIO1.5

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by cyberant, Oct 26, 2009.

Oct 26, 2009
  1. cyberant
    OP

Newcomer cyberant Member

Israel
    I've been trying an unpatched mario and luigi - bowser's inside story with AK2i with AKAIO 1.5 and the latest loader (22/10/2009). It seems to work well except for a few glitches.

1)Did anyone else experience this?
    2)Any fixes?
    3)Are there other games with similar glitches with akaio 1.5 and the latest loader ?

the glitches :
    - in the splash animations that appear before battles, the screen get somewhat swapped back and forth from top to bottom (for example in M&L's splash animation,in a certain part the star that falls down to the bottom screen suddenly flashes from top to bottom screen)

- sometimes the top of the top screen shows black pixels ("stripes") or flashes. this happens when saving (normal or specific data), when certain sounds are used is used (crowd cheering) or when I teleport.

Thanks for any help.

2. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    The latest loaders are actually dated 26/10/2009.

3. cyberant
    OP

Newcomer cyberant Member

Israel
    Thanks. Updated to 26/10 and checked...

seems to be the same. battle-start animation still glitches. Top screen "stripes" glitches during quizzes part (when loading a new question). it think that the "stripes" glitches appear when certain data is loaded to the memory (level data for teleportation, question for quizzes, certain SFX)

4. bach3609

Member bach3609 GBAtemp Fan

Vietnam
    Try debugging the problem. See if it is in fact a problem with you only.

I'll try and see if it has a problem when i get my hands on another acekard.

5. Leonidas

Member Leonidas GBAtemp Fan

Slovenia
    Try european version of the game, it's known to have less glitches.

6. RyanRDLPS

Member RyanRDLPS GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hi there.
    Just thought I'd jump in here as well. I was having the exact same problem with the video glitches on the star transition to battle animation.
    Also the small draw line hiccups that would show up on the top screen when an item was obtained, etc. I'm happy to report however after
    installing the latest loaders 10/26/09 things work splendidly and without a hitch. I just upgraded to the Ak2i from the M3i Zero and I can't be happier!
    I have a larger class 6 16gig card and the Ak2i runs it beautifully even on Castlevania DOS.

Hope I helped!

7. Kwartel

Member Kwartel The fairest in all the land

Netherlands
    I've only the last prob, but it doen't botter me that much!

8. cyberant
    OP

Newcomer cyberant Member

Israel
    Okay... Updated using the built-in WiFi updater instead of doing it manually (like I did before).

-The pre-battle animation now runs without glitches [​IMG]
    -The line-glitch still appears , but seems to be much thinner and less disturbing than before. I only checked it again at the quizzes part, though, so I need to check it some more to be sure.

A little bit more details about my NDS & cartridge:
    Console - DSi with 1.4U OS
    Flashcard - AceKard2i cartridge, modified with the "danny phantom" fix so it would work in 1.4
    Loader - AKAIO 1.5 with 26/10/2009 Loader (updated using built-in Wi-Fi updater)
    SD card - 4GB kingston micro sd formatted with Panasonic Formatter

9. iFish

Member iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    i have same problem eith rom and the real version of the game:P

10. RyanRDLPS

Member RyanRDLPS GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yup to add to that too...

I've confirmed the retail version of M&L:BIS. And it indeed does have the small graphical lines from time to time throughout. Looks like something that
    happened with the U version. I've heard the E version however doesn't have this? Haven't confirmed yet. I stick to USA games all the time.

IMO I can live with the small lines though. That star glitch really was bugging me. I'm to OCD. Haha.

11. DaMummy

Member DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    i have another problem, ds lite, akaio 1.5 acekard rpg, usa version of BIS, unpatched but trimmed by ndstokyo when i select Save and Quit, it freezes with a white screen, and soft reset doesnt work for it, i have to disable soft reset in order to run it