Mario Kart Wii Update!?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by darkrai1009, May 25, 2009.

May 25, 2009

Mario Kart Wii Update!? by darkrai1009 at 1:48 PM (1,023 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. darkrai1009
    OP

Newcomer darkrai1009 Advanced Member

Philippines
    I just bought a backup Mario kart wii here at philippines(I DONT BURN GAMES).....I have a 3.2u wii...its an korean version.....
    i have a modchip installed called d2epro...i also got gamma backup launcher.....and HBC.....if i update my wii w/ mario kart...will it brick......What will i do?

2. K.Wall.24

Member K.Wall.24 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    A. it shouldn't, but can somebody just confirm? and if it does it fine, it might try to make ur wii a korean version of the firmware, maybe giving you 3.5
    B. buying backups is equal to worse than burning your own. your giving a guy money for doing illegal deeds when you yourself can do the illegal deeds without spending any more than a couple dollars for discs, ya dummy (said playfully, but seriously)

3. DPyro

Member DPyro GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Install preloader with update blocker.

4. Crass

Member Crass Rock me Dr. Zaius

United States
    LOL @ buying backups, and then putting the 'dont burn roms' statment in capitol letters.

There will always be retards out there I guess.

5. mikeyt1998

Member mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

United Kingdom
    dont talk crap of course it'll brick.

the disc contains the update of the version disc it is on. in this case, in contains the U 3.4 update (because MKWii has 3.4). installing out of region firmwares on the wii you have can cause bricks/ semi-bricks (unless you use any region changer), never got one myself so didnt bother finding out lol

and answer to B, he's silly for buying them, not because it's illegal, but because he's paying someone for it when he can do it himself easily lol.

and DPyro is right, just install preloader 0.29 and the block disc updates. that'll stop it asking for them [​IMG]

people that sell backups for wii are thick anyways... they should use brickblocker on the discs first to prevent questions like this lol

6. Vegeta

Member Vegeta GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Does the Gamma launcher block updates?

7. mikeyt1998

Member mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

United Kingdom
    lol i wonder if he actually tried that...