Mario Kart Wii Strategy

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Spikey, Apr 13, 2008.

Apr 13, 2008

Mario Kart Wii Strategy by Spikey at 5:29 AM (1,831 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. Spikey
    OP

Member Spikey Your Special Someone

United States
    Alright, so I head into a Worldwide match. Start going around the course and this one person stops. I thought it was odd and was expecting them to get disconnected due to lack of activity. Well, it turns out this person was waiting for the rest to get to that area. The moment I get there and go to pass the person uses a bullet bill, trying to hit me obviously. It missed and I finished the race without more of this, but the next race the same thing happens. As soon as I pass, this time he uses the mega mushroom(or whatever it's call. the one that makes you large, from NSMB) and then proceeds to try and run me over. He fails again, miserably. This continued for the next few races until they quit.

So obviously this pair's plan of attack is to go in and the guest hinders the leaders so that the other does well for more points. First time I seen this going on personally, but I should have expected as much. So, just something to watch out for when you are playing.

Discuss.

2. Shinster

Member Shinster GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Shell his ass!

Did you get their names?

3. Spikey
    OP

United States
    Dunno the name of the main cause he was never in front of me. But the guest was Naruto. They were from Japan, and both characters had their glasses on the top of their head on their Miis.

4. 2cb2ct7

Member 2cb2ct7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Fucking lamers... That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. Some people really need to stop taking their games so seriously, seriously.

The freewebdictionary defines game as "An activity providing entertainment or amusement." Games are for having fun lamers...

5. NeoWoeN

Member NeoWoeN GBAtemp Regular

France
    We should invite friend to counter their attacks.

You and the cheater making the race, and your friend and friend's cheater trying to kill themselves.

Two games in one.

6. Spikey
    OP

United States
    Haha. Good idea. Lemme know how it works out for you. [​IMG]

7. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    I was waiting for wingman tactics to start appearing in this, online.

8. finite

Member finite GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    It was a bad idea to make guests unaccountable with no score imo. Even if they started each session with 5000 it would of been something.

9. armand66

armand66 Newbie

Guests, should absolutely be accountable for points, as i've seen a fair few matches online, where "wingman" are sitting on blue shells and so on, so their mate can safely finish first, or steal first.

Making them accountable for points would stop this completely.

10. lettuce

Member lettuce GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Or just set it up so if they fall more than 1.5 laps behind or dont move for a lap they automatically get kicked form that race

11. lou_weed

Member lou_weed GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    whats nintendo's problem with attaching a second license to an account ?
    you have 4 licenses (save slots) , with 4 friend codes for each wii console

12. finite

Member finite GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I've just experienced this first hand now two red shells in a row from the second placed guy and a blue shell from his dawdling guest. I so nearly recovered, but 2nd was the best I could do.

They both had a [G] tag for ghey perhaps?

I think I'm going to compile a list of the most difficult tracks to play split screen and vote for those each round if I see this sort of thing again.

13. Spikey
    OP

United States
    It's a shame really. I'd like for it to do that. I wanted to have it so that when my wife plays with me that she'd have a score too, but she can't despite also having a license on the Wii and picking the same Mii. Kinda sucks...

14. R2DJ

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Well I encountered this kind of thing one day...it turned out that I got the upperhand. I had a fun time "teaching those lot a lesson"

1) Me and the other 11 random players raced in Moonview Highway. We started the race except one, who tried to do the Finish Line trick (not sure what it's called, but it's like you win by advancing then making a U-turn and staying in the finish line until the race ends and you end up in first place)... Well, that guy's plan got backfired (I think) because when I was about to make my second lap (I was in first place), I bumped onto him and the race mysteriously ended...I won it and he's second.

2) I call this my best MKWii WFC moment so far.

Place: Maple Treeway

Same situation as Spikey (just waited at the finishing line). When I made my second lap, he hit me with 3 red shells . He nearly got me cornered but I intentionally fell on a cliff. When I got back on land, I showed him ruthlessness.

I went to get a box and here we go, STARMAN! He was staying in one spot and he didn't know I got a star. I then used it and bashed him from the back then I reversed back to him. I did it until the star power ran out. It was fun seeing him jumping to the groove.

His name was "titi" from France.

15. Lazycus

Member Lazycus Rotten

United States
    Do all of you hate wingmen using 'legitimate' team strategies as well? When I race as a guest on my machine I never use attacks against my wingman, always inform him/her of 'universal' attacks and attempt to time them to our benefit, and always wait at the finish line if I'm ahead to maximize/minimize their VR point gain/loss. That's just smart team racing isn't it?