Hacking Mario Kart Wii Scrubbed works on WiFi

MrBubbles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kept reading multiple times that it has no WIFI at all. Well I went on, it made me Agree to something and I could choose my region. I instantly got matched up in worldwide, it disconnected about just having loaded and started to race. Tried again but couldn't find a worldwide match.

The third time I got in a regional match with only one person and he disconnected and I got points.

So the first one I couldn't even make it to the field, the second no one was up, and regional was one person who at the very start disconnected but I was awarded points.

Is this what they mean by it doesn't work on WiFi? And this was just minutes ago at 11PM, could be night time elsewhere.

I think this is the right forum otherwise move it.

Just wanted to clear this up, is this what people mean by no WiFi because I did get points.

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
So far as your wii is concerned, scrubbed games are identical to originals. The only difference is garbage data is replaced with compressible garbage.

Wifi doesn't work if you use a software loader... I think you might be getting confused with that.

XeroCure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well actually Wi-Fi works just fine with the software loaders. Geometry Wars is able to pull down leader boards with Wi-Fi and all aspects of Pokemon Battle Revolution works fine for me on Wi-Fi.

As for Mario Kart Wii, the Wi-Fi not working does actually refer to that fact that it always fails when the race loads meaning that Wi-Fi is unplayable although it does connect.

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
i cant understand why everyone always says to use ImgBurn, Nero 6 is the best in my opinion.

It's free and lightweight for starters. Under the hood is a pretty sophisticated burning engine. Integration with DVDInfoPro, support for booktypes etc is lovely too.

Nero 6 was OK in its day... 7, 8 and 9 are pretty awful.

Motoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think its to do with the loading time of the races, because it takes longer to load then with original games the server thinks you have timed out and disconnects you.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
djdynamite123 said:
i cant understand why everyone always says to use ImgBurn, Nero 6 is the best in my opinion.

If you have a Mac go with Burn, or Toast if you can afford it.

I think Kart gets online, you just can't get into an actual race.

harryk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
I have the PAL version of Mario Kart and tried to use backup-creator and extractpartition on it.

Both create a file with 4,156,144 KB, ergo 3,96 GB. I could only find posts about 4,185,870 KB being valid. So is my Mario Kart copy broken, or does that happen with some games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more