Mario Kart Wii Rankings Points

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by DiNo29, Apr 11, 2008.

Apr 11, 2008

Mario Kart Wii Rankings Points by DiNo29 at 3:41 PM (6,371 Views / 0 Likes) 26 replies

1. DiNo29
    OP

Member DiNo29 GBAtemp Regular

France
    Hey
    Is there any way to see the top general ranked players (with the points you win when playing with anyone) ?
    I just got over 8000 and that's pretty hard now, finishing first out of 12 only give me 25 points, and finishing 12th something like -250 ^^

Edit : lol... what's even harsher is when you get disconnected from WFC for no reason, server still seems buggy. I just got disconnected from a 7 players race before it even started and lost 200 points [​IMG]

2. Mooshywooshy

Member Mooshywooshy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah [​IMG] Its insanely hard now, I was at 8700+ this morning, now 8200 lol, Luigi's Circuit is a killer [​IMG]
    But I don't think there is a way to see the top general ranked players, and I have no clue what the point of the points is xD

3. zeckyD

Member zeckyD GBAtemp Regular

Bahamas, The
    If you race with newbies (5000) it's normal they don't give you a lot of points but when u will race agaisnt people over 8000 you will gain more points.
    And yep the short tracks (like luigi's one) aren't good if we're over 7 racers even if you're an expert ...

4. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Wish it would try to match you up with similar ranked people. Hate it when you still lose points for coming second as it's matched you up with people with low points.

5. Spikey

Member Spikey Your Special Someone

United States
    I just lost over 375 points... because it disconnected on me after ALREADY FINISHING IN FIRST! In fact, not only was I done the race, but so was everyone else. Everyone finished the race, but it disconnects me taking away 375 points. Really stupid... I'm done with Worldwide now... doing room matches against friends only now. I just think that's REALLY STUPID. [​IMG]

Anyways... [/endrant]

6. trOublie

Newcomer trOublie Member

Brazil
    i hate these short tracks like luigi circuit, mario circuit and etc...
    with 7+ players it doesnt matter your skill, its a ***cking mess

(srry for my english)

7. Mooshywooshy

United States
    Finally im oVER 9000~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I still wonder what the point of the points is though [​IMG]

8. armand66

armand66 Newbie

Agree with Troublie, some of the short courses, are a mess with 7+ players, and if you don't get out ahead early, can really damage your scores, i've been in a group of 12, lead most of the way, been hit by everything but the kitchen sink, then finished 3rd/4th out of 12, and lost a heap of points due to all the fricking scrubs and guests in the game.

9. kenshiro84

Newcomer kenshiro84 Advanced Member

France
    Yeah! and i just lose to noobs because of those easy shitty tracks!! [​IMG]

10. Juice-san

Newcomer Juice-san Newbie

Netherlands
    Well noobs cant pick hard tracks because its not unlocked.

11. legendofninny

Member legendofninny GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    soo true [​IMG]

12. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    I've gone from 1st to 9th, in under 3 seconds, on a short track, on the last lap, with the line in sight [​IMG]

Blue shell, POW!, and then 2 back-to-back red shells [​IMG]

And God help ya if someone gets a bullet on the last stretch ...

13. Dingler

Member Dingler GBAtemp Fan

Denmark
    Well, I think the points might divide people when the Online Competions open/work, or maybe later on, the MatchMaker will match you up with people with the same Battle point spectra as you. That'd make sense at least. Right now I only see bragging rights as the main cause.

14. Jdbye

Suspended Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    It takes me a while to gain points now, since if I place 3rd when there are 6 (or maybe even 7) players, I lose points, and I'm not that great.

I'm getting close to 7000 though, I think I've got over 6800 now, might even be more.

15. Mooshywooshy

United States
    Just got -465 points for placing 11th in Luigi's Circuit!

16. bosscolor

Member bosscolor GBAtemp Fan

France
    7700 here but it's now hard to get more

17. armand66

armand66 Newbie

Ugh, i've hit 7000 four times, and four times, have lost a heap of points coming in the latter half of it, and then takes ages to get back up to 7000 against the group i'm with.

Luigis Circuit
    Peach Beach
    Yoshi Falls
    Shy Guy Beach
    Moo Moo Meadows
    Toads Factory
    Mushroom Gorge (getting hit by a blue/red shell or three with all the jumps here can be horrific)

All those courses, can be a killer against some bad, bad luck. Luigis circuit takes no skill at all, it's basically for the scrubs, and i absolutely hate seeing it in anything above 6 players. Same goes for Peach Beach, Yoshi Falls, neither take any skills to win, while some of the others are also pretty basic, and don't really require much turning ability to get through, becoming solely scrub matches.

Will even itself out as more people get online with the game, although, when its released "officially" in the USA, i'd steer clear of matches for a few days, as there will be players in the 5000 ranking area, who, in all honesty, are likely quite good, only just starting out, and if your 9000+ by then, scores will drop severely.

Best when that happens, to give people time to get to their real level.

18. Mooshywooshy

United States
    I sure hope when I hit 10k points I unlock Mii outfit Z, where at the start of the match my bike bursts into flames and I have the effect of a bullet bill for the whole race! [​IMG]

19. bosscolor

Member bosscolor GBAtemp Fan

France
    lol nice idea

Update : I now have 8100 points [​IMG]

Btw I hate the noobs who choose Luigis Circuit and all the other noob stages

20. DiNo29
    OP

Member DiNo29 GBAtemp Regular

France
    8666 now [​IMG]
    I never lose on luigi circuit, always get lucky ^^
    The maps I hate are DS Yoshi Falls and Shy Guy Beach, always a disaster for my ranking :x
    But the main issue is strange WFC disconnection. I must have lost a total of 1000 or 1500 points to "You were disconnected from other players" messages. [​IMG]

Edit : woot, 9000 ^^
    Edit : 9200, stopping for today [​IMG]. Only got 2nd once, 1st all the other times, while playing for almost 2 hours, didnt get unlucky this time xD