Gaming Mario Kart Wii question...

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think you have to meet some sort of criteria when it comes to gaining points in Wi-Fi races. I've been getting this all the time. In a 12-person match, I mostly finish in first place but other people get more points than me? For example, the first placer will get +40 and the second racer can even get +120 something. This is confusing me. Even in 2nd place I got +0. Does having the gold wheel icon affect the increase/decrease of your points or is there something like "more points if you use too much items, -5 points for each fall"?

I appreciate the help. I'm just infuriated by the fact that I got +1 point in Koopa Cape but I finished in 1st place!

Rebound

Trophies
XP
Country
You get more points for beating people with more points than you and lose more for losing to people with less points than you

100 Posts! Lets check out this trading places thing
tongue.gif

ArvinaLove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rebound said:
You get more points for beating people with more points than you and lose more for losing to people with less points than you

tongue.gif

Thanks for the answer I was also wondering why this happened. But it's hard to get first place when there are people out there that seem like they're cheating. Im not sure if they are but I was just racing and this Baby Luigi kept coming in first place and beating every single person by at least 30 seconds. I always came in second place... but 30 seconds behind. Is this even possible? And no, everyone else didnt suck.

King Zargo

I'm a Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
ArvinaLove said:
Rebound said:

tongue.gif

Thanks for the answer I was also wondering why this happened. But it's hard to get first place when there are people out there that seem like they're cheating. Im not sure if they are but I was just racing and this Baby Luigi kept coming in first place and beating every single person by at least 30 seconds. I always came in second place... but 30 seconds behind. Is this even possible? And no, everyone else didnt suck.

Yes, it is possible. Being first is always a good thing. Second place only can get 1 red shell its easy to defend against that. But the 3rd place can get 3 red shells so he will be killing the second place while 1st place makes a lead. So in other words all players from are fighting for second spot while the first place can relax and make a good lead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1