mario kart wii pal on ntsc wii with argon 1.8

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by rayluc, Apr 9, 2008.

1. rayluc
    OP

rayluc Member

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2006
    Anyone able to get mario kart to play on a ntsc wii with argon 1.8 without patching the region? I first tried patching it just with wiibrickblocker and the game didn't work then i tried patching it with wiibrickblocker and regionfrii and that worked.

2. dudee

dudee Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2008
    Canada
    I got it to work perfectly by just using Waninkoko Wii Update Remover v1.0 and straight burn

Argon 1.8
    NTSC Wii

I think i cant install the channel this way but i dont mind since the channel actually work in game
    Only thing is in the begining after the Wiimote screen i get a message that my tv is in 50hz mode
    but i dont know if its actually the case cause in my wii menu im in 480i (60hz)...but cant see any difference.
    Im i really running in 50hz ? if i patch the region will there be any difference ?
    Thx

Edit: I patched the game to Ntsc and the message isnt there anymore...funny thing is when i reinsert the first copy
    (no region patching) i dont have the message anymore

3. rayluc
    OP

rayluc Member

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2006
    then it must be a bad burn or my chip installation is bad. The wii didnt even recognize it as a wii disc. Anyone know if you put a import game into the wii will recognize the disc as a wii game if your modchip doesnt do the region patching.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice