Gaming Mario Kart Wii Online, NTSC USA users jumping on?

• Thread starter armand66
  • Start date
  • Views 2,537
  • Replies 9
A

armand66

OP
Just wondering peoples thoughts on this.

I'm a PAL user, aussie one at that, and Mario Kart Wii isn't officially released here till the 24th April. It's released 11th April in the UK, and not till the 27th April in the US.

Just finished getting the game then, but i'm wondering, it seems a huge amount of NTSC USA gamers are downloading it, and how many of them are actually going to go online with a game 3 weeks early on their console, that will be as obvious a sign as a dodgy console as you can get...

UK users no worries, the game is nearly out there, but i reckon the potential here, for Nintendo to look at why they have thousands playing from the US might be a bad thing in the long run.

Anyone agree?

(I was one of the few who didn't get banned for going online over a week and a bit early with Halo 3, but many others i know did, Mario Kart Wii is 3 weeks early and surely Nintendo will know any NTSC USA player is using a dodgy game.)

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
They didn't do anything with Brawl, which had a larger release date gap (End of Jan for Japan, beginning of March for NA).
And of course, the EU version of Brawl isn't even out yet or have a release date, so yeah...

pokemongalaxy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
wow armand has a very strong point there. If nintendo tried, they could ban all of the early mario kart users...
frown.gif

I dont know about you guys,but I think Ill wait till the u.s release...

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
pokemongalaxy said:
wow armand has a very strong point there. If nintendo tried, they could ban all of the early mario kart users...
frown.gif

I dont know about you guys,but I think Ill wait till the u.s release...

But as Deadmon said, there were almost a couple of months between release dates for Brawl and Nintendo did nothing about that. I doubt they'll do anything about this one either.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
You guys are worrying too much.

Nintendo wouldn't do such a thing.

If they did ban me I'll say I used Freeloader and an early copy. And if they didn't believe that I'll buy a Freeloader and complain to Datel my Wii got banned.

Kiok

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
Lol Nintendo isnt going to do anything. Like before for Brawl we had it for like 2 months before it was even released.

MrDo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont think nintendo really cares all that much. They havent done much to stop this kind of thing in the past. Even on DS i have never seen them Ban or kick people...

I dont think thier first party sales are even that much effected by things like this... I have the iso and play, i will still buy the US version when it comes out. Just like i did with brawl.

katsuce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
mario strikers wii got released in Europe months before the US version, yet me and my brother kept playing the US version online on my NTSC-U wii without ever having any problem

nintendo won't do anything about that for now

shark1987

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
and really you could say that you are from a PAL region and have a PAL console but then moved to the USA/other NTSC region and got an early copy.

If they can check which region your console/game copy is then it wouldn't matter how early/late you were playing they could bust you. So I don't think we'll have a problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."