Tommy_T

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Mario Kart Wii will let you make your very own Miis ride on bike or karts in online races, according to Famitsu.

The latest issue, partly translated by IGN, also says that you will be able to download 'ghost' lap data so you can race against the best players in time trials.

There's also talk of a new Wii Channel, which allows you to keep up with worldwide rankings.

Something like that is certainly visible in scans of the article, which also rehashes a lot of the info we've heard before: 32 tracks, 16 of which are new, mid-air tricks and 12-player online modes.

It also names some of the new courses, according to IGN - Coconuts Mall, DK Snowboard Cross, Kinoko Canyon, Kinopio Factory, Luigi Circuit, Mario Circuit and Momo Country.

And, yes, it includes the infamous 10th April Japanese release date that Nintendo UK yesterday denied before we received convincing information that it's perfectly true.

What that means for the game in the US and Europe is another matter. Neither GameStop nor Amazon lists a date for the US, while Play.com claims 25th April for the UK and others plump for Q2.

Nintendo has yet to officially announce a date for any region.
Source: Eurogamer and JeuxFrance

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't Nintendo state yesterday that this was bollocks? Also Play.com had SSBB for Feb release over here so they can't be trusted.

Tommy_T

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes I do seem to be a day behind (as well as eurogamer) but it suggests in the article that Famitsu printed the date within them scans (unfortunaltey I cant read japanese), but then again I dont know the legitimacy of there claims but it seems alot of people do believe this to be true. Sorry if I am spreading false information :S

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
That ranking thing is really awesome.. this should've been done with SSBB also :/
A world ranking of the best players.. this should certainly add replay value for a lot of people..

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
Provided no-one CHEATS rankings are cool. I liked what they did with Mario Strikers, with the Mii of the Week etc. as well as leaderboards with all different categories.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.