Txwer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I recently modded my wii back in September which I mainly used for my gamecube games. I then modded two friend's wiis for them. One then reported that mario kart would freeze his wii when he got to the map select. I tested this and found that he was correct and every single time I got to the map select it would do a weird "freeze" meaning that I would lose control of the wii with the controller and when I press the power button it would not turn off. The game was still running and mario would do his head bop or whatever so it wouldn't be a full freeze. The only thing I can do is hold down the power button for a hard reboot. My other friend also had this problem so this is definitely a modding error and I did something wrong. I'm thinking this is a cios error of some sort, but I have ios 56, 57, and 38 and installed from the wii guide cios official site or whatever (I cant put a link cause this is my first post and I can't include links for my first post.)

Next, I have super mario bros wii. This one is playable to an extent. Every once in a while it will turn off and give me a black screen. It wasn't too bad for me, but my friend reported that it would happen every time after the first level. I haven't tested anything else really cause I love gamecube games. I think that is everything, I can work on this issue whenever I'm not in school so any sys checks can be done if needed. Again, I think this is a cios problem but idk if I'm just being a noob at modding.

Thanks

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If u don't want to proceed with the syscheck route, just mod your wii using modmii as if the wii were a virgin, even though it isn't. If prompted whether you want to update active ios's say yes.

After doing this, your mods should all be up to date, and syscheck should be able to run fine.

Reactions: jeannotte
General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Also it runs Windows 11.