mario kart wii disc read errors, freezes

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sizza, Apr 15, 2008.

1. sizza
    OP

sizza Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2006
    Hi all, i've had a lot of problems trying to play my burns of mario kart wii. I often experience disc read errors randomly while racing online/offline and in the menus, sometimes I can fix this by ejecting the disc and re-inserting it. The game also occasionally gives read errors when starting and I am forced to restart my wii. Today it even froze during character selection. Sometimes I’ll get 2-3 errors in 10 minutes, other times I can play for an hour or two first.

I’ve got a 3.2E PAL wii with wiikey 1.9g. I’ve tried burning with TY03 and Verbatim discs at 6x/8x/16x with imgburn in a DVR-212 and DVR-215 which has always worked perfectly for me, but I can’t fix these problems. The only other game I’ve played a lot recently is smash bros and it doesn’t seem to have any issues. I’ve had the wii since launch and it gets used a lot I guess, maybe the laser is having trouble? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

2. beauchampy

beauchampy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2007
    Does sound like laser trouble. You could try adjusting the POT.

3. tolkiman

tolkiman Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Hey Sizza, I'm having EXACT the same problems over here with my PAL Wii, but I run Wiikey 1.9s.
    I've tried several different DVDs now, everytime the same problems. Other games don't give me so much trouble.... Strange, but I also got my Wii on the day it was released. I guess the lasers or drives weren't the best back then, when it comes to reading copies hehe...

4. sizza
    OP

sizza Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2006
    Yea i've seen 1 or 2 other people report similar issues in other threads, they don't seem to have a solution either though.

Anyone else had these problems or know how to fix them?

5. taram007

taram007 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2007
    Macau
    this is for sure a bad burn since other games work without problems.
    I had the same problems and burning the games on a Verbatim DVD using ImgBurn at 8x speed solved the problem and now everything is OK. So: grab the latest version of ImgBurn, install it with default settings and burn the image on a Verbatim DVD with 8x speed. Hope to see you online soon [​IMG]
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=82540

6. mantorras

mantorras Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2008
    Same.

G-05 = no problemo at all.

(except that i can't install MK Channel)

7. sizza
    OP

sizza Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2006
    The burn should be fine though, as all my others have been in the past. Like I said in the first post I tried verbs at 8x with imgburn and it still gives errors. While smash is reading fine, it's dual layer so reading methods could be different i guess... Guess I need to pull out some of my older single layer games and play them for a few hours to test if they're having issues also.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice