Mario Kart Wii Controls

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by El Xando, Apr 8, 2008.

Apr 8, 2008

Mario Kart Wii Controls by El Xando at 9:31 AM (1,836 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. El Xando
    OP

Newcomer El Xando Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    OK, so yesterday I downloaded Mario Kart Wii and have been playing it today.
    For those who want to know: PAL 3.1E Wii, Wiikey 1.9s.
    Boosting is very different. You just hold it round the corner to gain boost, and it takes a while. It goes blue then orange. You get a small boost from blue and a large boost from orange. I have tried snaking and it is sort of possible only using small boosts but is still very hard.
    What I don't understand is exactly how to do the mid air tricks. I am using Wiimote + Nunchuk and all I'm doing is waving them about everytime I go over a ramp and Mario always does some sort of a trick... But are there different ones depending on your flicks?

2. boxhunter91

Newcomer boxhunter91 Advanced Member

Australia
    I am using a wheel so I have no idea how to do tricks [​IMG] But fantastic game nevertheless!

3. El Xando
    OP

United Kingdom
    Just flick it up as you go over ramps, I saw that in a trailer for it.

4. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    good [​IMG] hopefully that will stop other people from snaking too.

5. Bob Evil

Member Bob Evil The Department of Home-Made Insecurity

United Kingdom
    Snaking is possible, just really awkward to do.

6. El Xando
    OP

United Kingdom
    Also, how do the ranks on Grand Prixs differ? Or is it still (from worst to best) E, D, C, B, A, *, **, ***? Because in my first cup I got an A and I just got a * in the second.

7. tredes

Member tredes GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    iv been just playing with the single remote and using it as a wheel, everytime i go over a jump i just flick it a little bit and i do a a little trick and get a boost.

1 question, i think im missing something..is there an adventure mode of sorts on this game? or what?

8. Toufas

Newcomer Toufas Member

United Kingdom
    how can i use the gc controller for player 1? i managed to do it for player 2

9. El Xando
    OP

United Kingdom
    Don't you just have to have it in slot 1 and navigate the menu with it to the race and it'll be player 1?

Also, I'm pretty sure another method to stop snaking is something I've noticed: you earn boost quicker when drifting if you're turning more. So if you're trying to go straight or round a shallow turn it takes longer to get boost than round a sharp turn.