Homebrew Discussion Mario Kart Wii 60fps on Switch

Der_Blockbuster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, I heard many people calling Gamecube Emulation will never happen.

Here we are Ubuntu running on the Switch Overclocked @2ghz

I don't know if there is already a thread about this.

I think the future will show, how well other tiltes may run and maybe theres light at the end of the tunnel, and we all can stop waiting for a ww hd remake for switch.

D

Deleted User

I'm pretty much over GameCube and Wii games but this is great news for those who want to play Super Smash Bros. Melee, Project M, F-Zero GX and so on, on the Switch.
that's cool and all, but lets get a native emulator.
That would be more convenient but unless there's already one secretly in development it will take at least a few years for a good one to come out.

Last edited by ,

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

https://twitter.com/EpicLPer/status/1125451836004151297

I think the future will show, how well other tiltes may run and maybe theres light at the end of the tunnel, and we all can stop waiting for a ww hd remake for switch.

I would say that the potential for every game to work on the Switch, both docked and on the go, is the big question to determine whether it's worth the practical trouble to get GC games going on the Switch.

If it can run the entire Metroid Prime Trilogy, or Wind Waker at full speed without stuttering, or Twilight Princess with the Field hack, then we might have something that I'd say is practical...at native resolutions.

only at native resolution

I hope you aren't seriously expecting the Switch to be capable of running Xenoblade with the HD Texture pack on the Switch... XD

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But it's running on a overclocked cpu. What's the point if you cant get decent speeds on stock clockspeeds? One of the factors of why it seems nintendo wont ever bother making an official emulator, unless the so called switch pro gets released, if real.

onofrix

Trophies
XP
Country

https://twitter.com/EpicLPer/status/1125451836004151297

this video has a little trick. Is playing in time trial mode. With your car only. If you play in normal mode against the other 11 characters framerate downs to 44 fps.

GBADWB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this video has a little trick. Is playing in time trial mode. With your car only. If you play in normal mode against the other 11 characters framerate downs to 44 fps.

It's more or less why I still stand by my older statement saying that many of the wii games are in the will run but not fully playable yet. Many of the videos that get posted of something running usually is best case scenario(e.g with sunshine, beginning of game, where there's almost nothing on that landing port) and in this case, 1 kart. I've messed with the Nvidia Shield TV enough to get a decent understanding of what will and wont run, and the only thing I haven't thoroughly tested would be overclocking, but that usually only helps games that are almost at full speed. (people need to keep in mind, that the Shield TV has a fairly high base clock relative to the switch in the first place (runs at 1.9ghz if its not throttling, so a 2ghz would only be a 5% overclock)

IMO the only way its going to get better performance is things like optimized idle skipping introduced in build 10039, or hacky builds focused on a single device like Dolphin MMJ(Weihuoya) port for android where certain optimizations and codes are introduced along with other hacks(e.g twilight princess fog hack) by default.

Last edited by GBADWB,
Reactions: onofrix

onofrix

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey so what about the ishiruka build of dolphin how well does that run
Now that regular dolphin has vulkan drivers I didnt see any performance differences between ishiiruka. Also regular dolphin is more updated, and has better menus and more stability.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk