Homebrew Discussion Mario Kart Wii 60fps on Switch

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are folks changing their gpu clock in Linux? I've a program running that changes cpu, but not Seen anything for gpu, and dolphin runs quite slow for me.

(SA2B)
echo 921600000 | sudo tee /sys/devices/57000000.gpu/devfreq/57000000.gpu/min_freq forces the GPU to run at 921mhz by making the minimum speed 921mhz. It shouldn’t be necessary though, the default speed scaler works fine 95% of the time

D

Deleted User

echo 921600000 | sudo tee /sys/devices/57000000.gpu/devfreq/57000000.gpu/min_freq forces the GPU to run at 921mhz by making the minimum speed 921mhz. It shouldn’t be necessary though, the default speed scaler works fine 95% of the time
Thank you! Shall try shortly!

skinnyBIGGS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why emulate wii and gc games anyways wiis are dirt cheap ubber easy to mod and they play games flawless no overclock risk nothing. Thats the point of console collexting well for me..

What i would like is KODI and a n64 emulator... goldeneye wifi multiplayer would be EPIC....

Tho its great people are trying other systems to emulate .. there really isnt thst much a demand to have gc abd wii titles playable on switch..

D

Deleted User

Well, I heard many people calling Gamecube Emulation will never happen.

Here we are Ubuntu running on the Switch Overclocked @2ghz

https://twitter.com/EpicLPer/status/1125451836004151297

I don't know if there is already a thread about this.

I think the future will show, how well other tiltes may run and maybe theres light at the end of the tunnel, and we all can stop waiting for a ww hd remake for switch.
is there a full tutorial for this? (inatalling ubuntu, then installing dolphin on it, and overclocking the cpu)? Do you think i can run melee without overclocking?

Der_Blockbuster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
is there a full tutorial for this? (inatalling ubuntu, then installing dolphin on it, and overclocking the cpu)? Do you think i can run melee without overclocking?
Probably not, there should be some tuts out there but I don't have one handy, but I can say for sure that Melee is kinda intense on Cpu, probably no luck without overclocking but you can give it a try ofcourse.

D

Deleted User

Probably not, there should be some tuts out there but I don't have one handy, but I can say for sure that Melee is kinda intense on Cpu, probably no luck without overclocking but you can give it a try ofcourse.
K so I’ll just search how to install ubuntu and Dolphin on it and overclocking. Do you know what is the regular clock rate of the console’s cpu?

Jokey_Carrot

G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But it's running on a overclocked cpu. What's the point if you cant get decent speeds on stock clockspeeds? One of the factors of why it seems nintendo wont ever bother making an official emulator, unless the so called switch pro gets released, if real.
AKTUALLY if nintendo made a real emulator it ould be more optimized and run faster because they have access to all the info about the gamecubes hardware. Similar to og xbox backward compatibility on xbox one despite no one being able to make an xbox emu for pc

Reactions: Deleted User

Kirby567fan

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
AKTUALLY if nintendo made a real emulator it ould be more optimized and run faster because they have access to all the info about the gamecubes hardware. Similar to og xbox backward compatibility on xbox one despite no one being able to make an xbox emu for pc
True but there is an Xbox emulator for pc its named CXBX reloaded.

D

Deleted User

True but there is an Xbox emulator for pc its named CXBX reloaded.
again. if microsoft did it by themselves it would run everything, because they have the original console code, which in every case is better than third party emulator code

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs