Mario Kart Wii - 2 Simple Questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by El Xando, Apr 28, 2008.

Apr 28, 2008
  1. El Xando
    OP

Newcomer El Xando Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    So, here are my questions:
    1. How do you avoid a pow? I've done it occasionally... you sort of only half get hit by it and only slow down a bit, and blue circles appear around you. The only way I've been able to do it is madly shaking the Wiimote when POW appears, which only works half the time [​IMG] Do you have to be in a wheelie or something?
    2. How do you enter wheelies out of jumps? On GCN Waluigi Statium, I go to the left at the 3 plants and do 2 tricks up the left ramp - one before the middle plant and one over it. For some reason, most of the time I finish the second jump I enter a wheelie, and hit the next plant which I should be able to easily avoid. It's very frustrating.
    BTW, I'm not a noob at this game. These things may be in the instruction manual but I do not have that. I have at least 1 star in every Grand Prix cup and my Vs Rate Ranking is over 8600 [​IMG]

2. superrob

Member superrob H4X H4X H4X!

Denmark
    1. Just jump like crazy when the POW block apears.

2. Uhm..... i dont remember.

3. El Xando
    OP

United Kingdom
    Jump like crazy? You mean repeatedly press B? Because shaking the wiimote seemed to work half the time before.

4. malsuk

Member malsuk GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I thought to had to jump to some kind of rhythm at the same time the POW was getting smaller??

5. El Xando
    OP

United Kingdom
    That doesn't sound right... The best luck I've had is by doing a wheelie and shaking the wiimote as the pow hits.

6. Hardcore Gamer

Member Hardcore Gamer GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    No, not B. Just flick the remote up like you were doing a trick or wheelie but you have to time it right. The POW sort of counts down 3..2...1...before it spins you, it gets smaller and also vibrates the remote. You do it at the last count, the last rumble on the remote. A quick flick up with the remote. Once you do it, you'll do it every time, it's easy.

You still spin, but you don't lose any speed.

7. MADKATZ99

Member MADKATZ99 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    erm, its faster on retro WS to actually drive along the top of the half pipe ocassionally getting slight air to give you boost. You still get items that way, and you dont have to deal with the pirahnas, and you also get consistant boost if you do it right.
    You cant land on the ground with one wheel... that im aware of... and i've played the game a fair bit [​IMG]
    So you must be flicking the remote up after you've hit the ground, or accidently pressing up if you play with a cube controller or somthing...

I've heard rumours that you can completley dodge the POW block if you hop at the right time (similiar to dodging blue shells in MKDS), but I dont think its true...