Mario Kart Tour will have a closed beta on Android devices, registration now open

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Apr 25, 2019.

1. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Kinda hyped for this, I'm hoping it will be a proper Mario Kart experience, I don't really see how they could mess this up.

I signed up with my USA Nintendo account, I assume I'll be able to download the apk and play despite me not having access to the USA play store. And my USA Nintendo account and google account aren't on the same address but it probably doesn't matter if I download the apk. Worked for Dragalia Lost.

KiiWii likes this.
  2. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker News Police

Banned
    Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    sc.

Oh hell no!

mk.

There you go, Nintendo mg.

3. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
    Or you could ya know, play Mario Kart DS on a custom server.

4. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 26, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    A VPN is not going to change the email addresses associated with my accounts.

5. gudenau

gudenau Largely ignored

GBAtemp Patron
    gudenau is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 7, 2010
    United States
    /dev/random
    I applied, you know I will dump this thing and look into it some if I get accepted.

(Hopefully they notice that I have like all the Mario Karts on my account...)

6. CoolStarDood

CoolStarDood GBAtemp Regular

Feb 8, 2018
    United States
    Everywhere and nowwhere at the same time o__0
    I signed up, and if I get in, I'm probably gonna dump it, and get it to someone who knows how to datamine APKs

stitchxd likes this.
  7. wiewiec

wiewiec GBAtemp Fan

Dec 24, 2015
    Poland
    Somewhere
    I . do not really know maybe proxy on switch and new account and e-mail for only japan play store?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Lots of people do this magic, for example mostly from russia, but I think nintendo will make this beta internet only and maybe by using unique tickets per device. I know that one app for android sharing internet tv from my country is fully internet based because it use unique device ticket... that is hard to decrypt. But for Nintendo is chance that is could be done quick because it have better world coverage than app that i stated... but I think Russians will do this first ;)

8. Orangy57

Orangy57 bruh

Aug 17, 2015
    United States
    aight everyone now we just wait for the .apk

9. x65943

x65943 Dr. Rabbi Prince X, Sr., Ed. D.

GBAtemp Patron
    x65943 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Midwest
    Last edited by x65943, Apr 25, 2019
    Xzi likes this.
  10. PeeJay Bonobo

PeeJay Bonobo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2014
    United States
    Jamaica, New York
    I've signed up on my Moto E⁴
    1. It runs Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
    2. It has 2GB of RAM
    3. It's an actual smartphone with an installed and active SIM card (though I'm not certain Nintendo is going to care for that bit)

Now, I also have a Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 (LTE Version), but I'm not certain about Nintendo's stance with phablets.

11. Glyptofane

Glyptofane Death Dealer

Feb 12, 2009
    United States
    Nintendo's investors demand this nonsense. Nintendo purposefully enforces a reduction in microtransactions compared to most mobile games to avoid damaging their image to normal fans.

CoolStarDood likes this.
  12. stitchxd

stitchxd GBAtemp Regular

Apr 27, 2017
    United States
    nope
    They explain the limitation if you read.

The reason it needs to be a Google associated account is because they have to give Google your email to allow you the beta link in the play store. No Gmail, no playstore (unless you are a paid gsuite user) which means no beta then.

You're in for a nasty surprise then

No but it can make you look like you're from the US. A rooted phone with a playstore region magisk module will help too.

CoolStarDood likes this.
  13. DodgyJudge

DodgyJudge Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2018
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Ewww cant apply [​IMG] but it says i can only use gmail account lol so cant use my OG nintendo acc what a bum...

Attached Files:

Last edited by DodgyJudge, Apr 25, 2019
  14. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

Jun 12, 2005
    I just created an account but used googlemail.com and it didn't work because it's not gmail.com Seems to be word sensitive even though they're the same thing

15. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    I hope this works on shield. I imagine using octopus would solve it anyway :)

stitchxd likes this.
  16. Sinon

Sinon "AutumnWolf!"

Sep 15, 2015
    Costa Rica
    Pretty sure it´s going to be kind of like a runner game, like subway surfers

17. stitchxd

stitchxd GBAtemp Regular

Apr 27, 2017
    United States
    nope
    That would be a damn shame, at least Mario Run made sense to be a "runner" game since it's a side scroller.

Sinon likes this.
  18. radicalwookie

radicalwookie GBAtemp Fan

Sep 15, 2018
    United States
    I dont agree with the downfall of iPhone in Japan at all.
    I work (also in Japan about half of the year) in industry connected with some of the on Japanese telecommunication companies (mainly Softbank and NTT).
    2018 data shows around 15% decrease in iPhone sales but that is mainly due to the similarity of the new models compared to 2017 (XS vs X).
    Based on my speculations 9 out of 10 people in hlets call it) “Younger” population (15-40 years old) has ios device. The rest have mainly Sony models.

As for the older people (50 plus), many of them still use “galapagos” style phones (aka flip phones) because old habits die hard and theres your big portion of Sharp, Kyocera, Hitachi etc and some other manufacturers (these do indeed have smartphone models too, but they dont sell that well).

Apple supports Japan very well too in both applications (maps, siri, appstore etc) and services (subs, applepay, various discounts etc), same goes for advertising (still cant delete that mental image of iphone X and XJapans commercial)

CoolStarDood and x65943 like this.
  19. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 26, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    If you signup for a Google account using an existing email address it functions exactly the same as any other Google account.

My inbox@mydomain.com email is my Google account. I sign in to my Android devices with that Google account, all my purchases on the Play Store are tied to that Google account. All the Android betas im apart of are listed on the Play Store under that Google account. If Nintendo send me an email i will get that email. It's also the exact same email address used for my Nintendo account.

If you read Nintendo even state "the closed beta app will be downloaded from Google Play", so exactly the same as any other Google Play beta:

Screenshot_20190425-212429_Google_Play_Store.

The only limitation is Nintendo's signup form has validation rules to only accept the @gmail.com domain.

It would have been interesting to to try the beta as i'm a bit Mario Kart fan, however it's not the end of the world. Most time I have to play games these days is taken up by Pokemon Go anyway!

20. stitchxd

stitchxd GBAtemp Regular

Apr 27, 2017
    United States
    nope
    Well you explained this better than i did, but yes this is what I was trying to get at. Since Nintendo is doing the beta from their end, and it's a closed beta (maybe even other reasons) it's probably easier to say you need a gmail account so they can just process the request and tell google to give this google account access since an email for a nintendo account ending in gmail.com will ALWAYS have a proper google play store account attached.