Mario Kart Tour releases on September 25th

EC715p6VAAAtc6M.png

Over a year after its announcement, and 2 months after the end of the closed beta, Mario Kart Tour will finally be available for iOS and Android next month. [prebreak][/prebreak]This is Nintendo's third mobile Mario game, and eighth mobile game overall, excluding games licensed by The Pokémon Company. The release comes shortly after Dr. Mario World, which came out on July 10th.

:arrow: Source

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was in the beta. The controls were...interesting. slide your finger to the right or left to drive, tap to shoot items. Loads of fun as long as you did it more casually. When you start whipping out more advanced moves, the game had a fit.

As long as you didn't try to do anything complicated, it was fine. But there was an auto-avoid-walls/falls that you could not turn off. Some of the auto-assist you could turn off, but not everything. So if I was doing a drift event slightly near a wall or edge, the game would autocorrect my driving and I'd start running into things. Also if there was a split in the road and you were drifting towards one a bit harshly, it might correct you to the other path...running you straight into the wall. Imagine the switch version with all the auto stuff turned on with touch controls. It was annoying as heck.

Microtransactions will be pretty much the same as animal crossing. You pay to unlock the good drivers/karts/etc, though you can sometimes get them yourself through normal gameplay. Though since there are huge bonuses for using certain characters/carts/etc on certain tracks, it had a very "pay to win" feel to it.

All this was my experience from the beta. Hopefully it'll change in the final but...well, we'll see.

I recorded loads of footage from the beta, i'll be comparing to the final when its released. Hopefully they took my advice to heart.

Last edited by osaka35,

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm... I do not know what to think about this game, let alone playing it. Knowing that it will be littered with micro-transaction urks me and I like playing Mario Kart even though I am not all that great at it. While I saw Peach in the video, does anyone knows if Rosalina will be in the game? Most likely locked character though.
Wonder if BlueStacks will be able to run the game?

teamlocust

Trophies
XP
Country
India
first of all you are no one to tell me whether i post or not. secondly i bought super mario run, and that was pathetic. so you can be happy with any crap nintendo spews out.
my time is valuable unlike yours. lol

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
first of all you are no one to tell me whether i post or not. secondly i bought super mario run, and that was pathetic. so you can be happy with any crap nintendo spews out.
my time is valuable unlike yours. lol
When I see people post pointless negative bullshit I will point it out - you are basically saying all mobile games are bolox which is totally a stupid comment - anyway back to Mario kart it will break records for day 1 downloading

Reactions: MartyDreamy

teamlocust

Trophies
XP
Country
India
fu with your stupid logic and yes most mobile games are crap. i know you download any crap day one, probably preorder one as well. lol

supersonic6

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Over a year after its announcement, and 2 months after the end of the closed beta, Mario Kart Tour will finally be available for iOS and Android next month. [prebreak][/prebreak]This is Nintendo's third mobile Mario game, and eighth mobile game overall, excluding games licensed by The Pokémon Company. The release comes shortly after Dr. Mario World, which came out on July 10th.

OwO, it comes out on my true birthday. What a present.

Reactions: banjo2

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can't expect much from a mobile game, they gotta make it run on several generations of older smartphones.
There are a lot of ways to do that though, especially for a game like this. Just add texture and resolution scaling. Adjustable graphics goes a long way.

CodyWGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

good to hear i'm getting an android tablet on the 20th of September cause it's my bday lol

D

Deleted User

Dont bother posting then - put it this way a Mario kart game has never failed
i dunno, mk7 kinda fizzled out fairly quickly

and it's never too late for a first, especially if it's a mobile game with "wait until your energy recharges" mechanics

D

Deleted_501387

When I see people post pointless negative bullshit I will point it out - you are basically saying all mobile games are bolox which is totally a stupid comment - anyway back to Mario kart it will break records for day 1 downloading

teamlocust is right, 95% of mobile games are complete bullshit

Reactions: teamlocust

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🛌