Mario Kart Tour powers up with multiplayer and a monthly sub

Mario_Kart_Tour.jpg
Fire off the warp pipe! A new update for the Mario Kart Tour game has drifted onto smartphone devices, bringing with it new updates that jump-start the competition, including Team Races and Room Codes for multiplayer matches.

In Team Races, teammates, whether they're friends nearby, friends online or other racers online, compete for the high score in a blistering race for racetrack dominance with up to four separate teams of two racers. In this mode, teammates remain immune from friendly fire, so fling those Red Shells with abandon and take out your competitors!
The new Room Code feature makes multiplayer more flexible for fun with friends and family. Create your own custom room and share the code with friends and family for a match for up to eight players comprised of your hand-selected Mario Kart Tour companions.

You can access these new features by downloading the latest update for Mario Kart Tour via the App Store or Google Play. From white-knuckle turns on the windy roads of Choco Island to the zippy ricochets of Waluigi's Pinball track, there's always something new to discover in Mario Kart Tour. With a selection of drivers from throughout Nintendo's rich history of characters, like Mario, Donkey Kong, Peach and Yoshi, Mario Kart Tour delivers the high-octane, kart-racing action the series is known for to the palm of your hand. Mario Kart Tour is free-to-start and is currently available to download for iOS and Android devices, so you can join in on the fast-paced fun whenever you want.

To take your experience on the tracks to the next level, you can unlock 200cc mode in single player and Gold Race in multiplayer with a Mario Kart Tour Gold Pass subscription for faster speeds and even tougher opponents. The Mario Kart Tour Gold Pass is a $4.99-per-month subscription service that also provides subscribers with exclusive in-game gold gifts for racing in tours and special in-game badges from gold challenges.

A Nintendo Account, a persistent online connection and a compatible smartphone are required to play Mario Kart Tour. You can obtain your in-game registration card by linking your Nintendo Account. If you don't already have a Nintendo Account, you can create one at https://accounts.nintendo.com/register.

For more information about Mario Kart Tour, visit https://mariokarttour.com/en-US or follow the Mario Kart Tour Twitter page. For more information about Mario Kart Tour Gold Pass features, visit https://mariokarttour.com/en-US/goldpass.

Burn some rubber and grab those coins!

:arrow:Mario Kart Tour Official Site

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
in what universe is Super Mario Kart forgettable

In this one?

I don't remember anyone ever talking about Mario Kart back on the Snes Era.

It was all Donkey Kong Country and the sequels, Super Mario World, Starfox, Earthworm Jim, Alladin and so on.

Not to mention in the same era you had a whole lot of racing games, so the original Super Mario Kart was nothing special.

Reactions: vpd

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In this one?

It was all Donkey Kong Country and the sequels, Super Mario World, Starfox, Earthworm Jim, Alladin and so on.

Not to mention in the same era you had a whole lot of racing games, so the original Super Mario Kart was nothing special.
Super Mario kart was literally the first of its kind and it's FORGETTABLE?
DKC didnt even come out until 1995, starfox not until 1993, same for alladin, and earthworm jim didnt even come out until 1994
No one was talking about SMW back then because it was a launch title and everyone had played it then
SMK literally used mode 7 (again a main selling feature for the SNES) and had 2 player splitscreen, also a battle mode, there's no way that game wasn't talked about back then
it's still remembered fondly to this day, it's known for having the hardest rainbow road, having no rubber band physics at all, for being the start to the series and overall being a killer app for the snes
8.7 million units sold and it's forgettable
ok

Reactions: Tiger21820

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Super Mario kart was literally the first of its kind and it's FORGETTABLE?
DKC didnt even come out until 1995, starfox not until 1993, same for alladin, and earthworm jim didnt even come out until 1994
No one was talking about SMW back then because it was a launch title and everyone had played it then
SMK literally used mode 7 (again a main selling feature for the SNES) and had 2 player splitscreen, also a battle mode, there's no way that game wasn't talked about back then
it's still remembered fondly to this day, it's known for having the hardest rainbow road, having no rubber band physics at all, for being the start to the series and overall being a killer app for the snes
8.7 million units sold and it's forgettable
ok
"no rubber banding"
are you sure we played the same game?

Reactions: raxadian

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In this one?

Super Mario Kart on the Snes was huge back in the day it was the fourth biggest selling game on the SNES with nearly 9 million sales and the biggest selling racing game on any 16 bit system. Also lets not forget the fact that any time a website or magazine does a list of the greatest ever SNES games and most of these are voted by the public Mario Kart consistently is in the top 5 not bad for a game that you claim was nothing special.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
at least in SMK you could keep first place if you kept playing well
MK64 you can play well and the other racers will still pass you through speed alone
Rubber banding in MK64 is way more prominent
I second that. I have all this week being playing ever Mario Kart game and the rubber banding in MK64 is by far the worst

64bitmodels

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am gonna ask you again: Did we play the same game?
:huh: probably not because this is a recurring problem in MK64
it's hard to get first place when everyone else has the huge advantage of being tied to you by an invisible rope
either that or you just haven't played the singleplayer campaign in mk64 at all

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
:huh: probably not because this is a recurring problem in MK64
it's hard to get first place when everyone else has the huge advantage of being tied to you by an invisible rope
either that or you just haven't played the singleplayer campaign in mk64 at all
MK64 definitely has rubber banding, I'm not gonna deny that, but, from my experience the rubber banding in Super is worse.

-- Posts automatically mergeed - Please double post, PLEASE! --

We hijacked this thread lol

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this the same game you have to pay $5.99 a month for? Any reason why this game isnt included in the yearly subscription comeon Nintendo lol do better

64bitmodels

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MK64 definitely has rubber banding, I'm not gonna deny that, but, from my experience the rubber banding in Super is worse.

-- Posts automatically mergeed - Please double post, PLEASE! --

We hijacked this thread lol
whelp, different strokes for different folks (please tell me im using that quote right)

Reactions: Stealphie

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At what point did the game become a subscription based game:huh:? So it's not f2p?
It is free-to-play; the subscription is optional and has always existed since it launched.

The subscription gives lets you do 200cc races, and provides additional rewards through various means, including characters and karts. Owning more and higher quality items lets you earn more points, which helps you rank higher on the leaderboard, as well as earn more stars. Stars then feed into more rewards... Basically, it's your typical phone game "free-to-play" but pay-to-win.

It also has the equivalent of loot boxes, whatever they called it in this game.

Last edited by TehCupcakes,

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I mean why Nintendo games on mobile aren't free, to promote Nintendo to wider audience?! This is just stupid imo. I don't need/want to pay monthly to play stupid mobile game! i don't play for Sonic Forces and its way better game anyway.

I'm just SO disappointed in Nintendo ever since Iwata died..it's just not the same Nintendo and im afraid it will never be.

I dont feel sorry anymore tbh when hackers leak their stuff and so on.... They basically started with lame desisions and way they treat gamers and people who love their games.

Yes i know they have every right bla bla, but that doesn't mean they are right in doing so.
But im afraid they dont give a fu*k. And that's not a good thing tbh.

OR..OR... make a full mario kart game on android and ill pay!

Is this the same game you have to pay $5.99 a month for? Any reason why this game isnt included in the yearly subscription comeon Nintendo lol do better
I'm not sure where people get that idea, I've never spent a penny on the game (nor have I used the Gold Pass free trial) and I'm at tier 39 of 40.
Screenshot_20200515-125437.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.