Mario Kart Tour powers up with multiplayer and a monthly sub

Mario_Kart_Tour.jpg
Fire off the warp pipe! A new update for the Mario Kart Tour game has drifted onto smartphone devices, bringing with it new updates that jump-start the competition, including Team Races and Room Codes for multiplayer matches.

In Team Races, teammates, whether they're friends nearby, friends online or other racers online, compete for the high score in a blistering race for racetrack dominance with up to four separate teams of two racers. In this mode, teammates remain immune from friendly fire, so fling those Red Shells with abandon and take out your competitors!
The new Room Code feature makes multiplayer more flexible for fun with friends and family. Create your own custom room and share the code with friends and family for a match for up to eight players comprised of your hand-selected Mario Kart Tour companions.

You can access these new features by downloading the latest update for Mario Kart Tour via the App Store or Google Play. From white-knuckle turns on the windy roads of Choco Island to the zippy ricochets of Waluigi's Pinball track, there's always something new to discover in Mario Kart Tour. With a selection of drivers from throughout Nintendo's rich history of characters, like Mario, Donkey Kong, Peach and Yoshi, Mario Kart Tour delivers the high-octane, kart-racing action the series is known for to the palm of your hand. Mario Kart Tour is free-to-start and is currently available to download for iOS and Android devices, so you can join in on the fast-paced fun whenever you want.

To take your experience on the tracks to the next level, you can unlock 200cc mode in single player and Gold Race in multiplayer with a Mario Kart Tour Gold Pass subscription for faster speeds and even tougher opponents. The Mario Kart Tour Gold Pass is a $4.99-per-month subscription service that also provides subscribers with exclusive in-game gold gifts for racing in tours and special in-game badges from gold challenges.

A Nintendo Account, a persistent online connection and a compatible smartphone are required to play Mario Kart Tour. You can obtain your in-game registration card by linking your Nintendo Account. If you don't already have a Nintendo Account, you can create one at https://accounts.nintendo.com/register.

For more information about Mario Kart Tour, visit https://mariokarttour.com/en-US or follow the Mario Kart Tour Twitter page. For more information about Mario Kart Tour Gold Pass features, visit https://mariokarttour.com/en-US/goldpass.

Burn some rubber and grab those coins!

:arrow:Mario Kart Tour Official Site

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might pick the game back up. I did have fun with it initially, but it kind of fizzled out after a week or so.

I wonder if school age kids stuck at home all day are gonna jump on this.

Reactions: RedBlueGreen
D

Deleted User

I might pick the game back up. I did have fun with it initially, but it kind of fizzled out after a week or so.

I wonder if school age kids stuck at home all day are gonna jump on this.
school age kids stuck at home all day likely have significantly better games to play, since... you know, they're home

or they could be playing fortnite

D

Deleted User

too bad i can't access the google play store for some reason

Last edited by ,

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The Mario Kart Tour Gold Pass is a $4.99-per-month subscription service that also provides subscribers with exclusive in-game gold gifts for racing in tours and special in-game badges from gold challenges.
my my my how nintendo have fallen from grace. they are just like every other greedy company now there is nothing special or unique about them anymore. it's pathetic :rolleyes:

Reactions: wiindsurf

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Didnt the game already have one? Dont tell me they added a second one. They already killed Fire Emblem Heroes with the subscription. I used to play the game actively for hours each day, now I just log on and log off instantly. Why do they add subs in all nintendo games? Even animal crossing has one.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

...also this feels like an ad.

drazenm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please return back Mario Kart Wii option for automatic driving, I hate that jump-skid-slide and get power up boost crap, just hate it. Us all 10, 12,16 jump and all do that one same thing at every corner, all get glued to each other, bounce, fly, if you're holding an item you lose it there or you hit someone with it and you wanted to keep it for later or if you'reqa smaller class the heavier one throws you out of the track etc. It's awful, just awful. I love playing automatic and when everyone glides I was able to do a sharp corner turn, prop my bike on the back wheel and get speed boostiinstead of doing that skidding crap. A lot of times I was easily beating manuals as I could cut corners and had better control.

Last edited by drazenm,

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I mean why Nintendo games on mobile aren't free, to promote Nintendo to wider audience?! This is just stupid imo. I don't need/want to pay monthly to play stupid mobile game! i don't play for Sonic Forces and its way better game anyway.

I'm just SO disappointed in Nintendo ever since Iwata died..it's just not the same Nintendo and im afraid it will never be.

I dont feel sorry anymore tbh when hackers leak their stuff and so on.... They basically started with lame desisions and way they treat gamers and people who love their games.

Yes i know they have every right bla bla, but that doesn't mean they are right in doing so.
But im afraid they dont give a fu*k. And that's not a good thing tbh.

OR..OR... make a full mario kart game on android and ill pay!

Last edited by MetoMeto,

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This game is still terrible, even the SNES Mario Kart; that's a completely forgettable game, is better than this.

Reactions: vpd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls