Mario Kart - Suspicious (cheat?) happenings online

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Hanafuda, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Hanafuda
    OP

Member Hanafuda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Have any of you seen anything fishy while racing Mario Kart online? Until tonight I thought it was pretty much cheat-proof, except for the maka wuhu glitch of course. But I got into a group tonight where one player from Japan whose name (written in hiragana - I read japanese at an elementary level) was Shimizu Teppei. He had over 15,000VR !!, and won about 8 out of the 10 or so races I was in with him. I held my own pretty well through this, took 1st place once, and in fact was in 1st place for many of the races right up until the end. That's when Shimizu Teppei would suddenly appear from nowhere. I don't mean he'd fly in from overhead or slip in from making use of a shortcut -- I mean he would literally appear from nowhere, suddenly popping from the middle or rear of the pack up to right in front of me and in the lead. I was able to notice once that the same thing was shown happening on the lower screen map too. The first couple times I saw this I thought maybe it was just a communication lag and the system was correcting itself and putting him where he was supposed to be. But it happened lots of times, always right near the end of the race (less than 5 seconds to go), and it was always Shimizu Teppei.

Thoughts? I'm gonna forget about it cuz this is the only time I've seen something like this. But I've been playing the game a while now and there was something definitely not normal about Shimizu Teppei's success.

1 person likes this.

2. tlyee61

Member tlyee61 le dancing Tyranitar~

United States
    It was probably just lag, as the 3DS hasn't even been hacked yet. I've been in situations where I finish in 4th but somehow get 7th because of major lag on another person's part. Also, many Japanese(not trying to be racist here) have a large amount of VR because they have had the game longer than us, or play more often. People have already gotten the Gold Glider, which requires 20,000 VR or 10,000 coins.

3. Hanafuda
    OP

United States

Yeah, I've had a couple races where it looks like I finish with a certain result and then it changes (usually for the worse), but what was weird about this is the guy was always there just at the finish line to cross it in 1st place. I'm about 90% in agreement with you that it was just communication lag and I'm more or less imagining things, but like I said I've seen that kind of thing happen before and there was something different about this. It always happened for just the one guy, and always the same way. I just hope I never come across him again.

1 person likes this.
  4. Vigilante

Member Vigilante TempLurker

Philippines
    Well Japanese people are usually hardcore when playing games.
    Maybe he is also exploiting a glitch that only he knows.

1 person likes this.
  5. Roman_42

Newcomer Roman_42 Advanced Member

Germany
    MK7 has more glitches than Maka Wuhu. You can see proof videos on youtube of at least 3 glitched tracks. All work the same way as the Maka Wuhu glitch. MK7 really needs an update.

6. MeowTheMouse

Member MeowTheMouse GBAtemp Regular

Bahrain
    http://sticktwiddlers.com/2012/01/16/news-nintendo-refuses-to-budge-on-mario-kart-7-glitch/

7. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    There are no cheats online in MK7.... my wifi does not work atm but when I could play online I never saw anything like this

8. Ace Overclocked

Member Ace Overclocked My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Italy
    when i am playing on wifi, my speed decreases greatly and even people with the same kart combination are faster than me WTF?

1 person likes this.
  9. Hanafuda
    OP

United States
    Yes. I just watched a few of those vids ... "Shimizu Teppei" definitely made use of this one a couple times last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ-xQ0_HPQk

It pisses me off because I don't want to do that kind of crap, but if someone else is going to then there isn't much choice. I always select "random."

10. insidexdeath

Member insidexdeath .

United Kingdom
    Nintendo needs to work on releasing an update if possible.

A lot of players online have figured out Wuhu Loop's glitch and it gets annoying when you see them abusing it just to win -__-

11. celcodioc

Member celcodioc Major A$$hole

Sweden
    They should at least release an update that fixes this in online play and make their servers refuse to accept online play if the game isn't updated.
    Also, didn't they fix the reset counter exploit in Mario Kart Wii?

1 person likes this.
  12. saberjoy

Member saberjoy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

India
    imagine the look on those 7-10 yr olds who dont have access to or know what wi fi is when they are not allowed online play ='(

13. tlyee61

Member tlyee61 le dancing Tyranitar~

United States
    These too....

and

1 person likes this.
  14. gamefan5

Member gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Canada
    Wow, it takes 1 month to ruin the MK7 online experience.

15. ScarletCrystals

Member ScarletCrystals Useless Bunny of Paradise

Canada
    I traded my MK7 for SM3DL >_

16. R2DJ

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    There are times when I suck at MK7. Sometimes I just believe that getting first place is based on luck. This game forces you to give up the lead so you can be one of those scumbags who can get a cheap win by using overpowered items (even though I love using the blue shell). I think I'm gonna trade this game in. :(

17. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Mario Kart 7: It's not about being first, it's about not being last.

4 people like this.
  18. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    Mario Kart 7: It's about being in 7th.

4 people like this.
  19. DaggerV

Member DaggerV Archmagi of the Emerald Moon

United States
    Eh, i still play this game though I don't often win despite how almost perfect I can play certain maps (rainbow road mostly :) )

20. Langin

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    Right to the statement made in the second post: they've got the game 5 days before you got it. I don't think that would make any difference.