Mario Kart randomly goes Black and freezes

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Jayson, Dec 23, 2012.

Dec 23, 2012
  1. Jayson
    OP

Newcomer Jayson Newbie

United States
    Hi everyone - I hope someone can help me. I'm using USB Loader GX 3.0. Sometimes, for different Licenses, karts, characters and tracks, MKW just goes black right after playing the intro video for a track and I need to hard reset it. I've tried everything I can think of to fix this. I re-ripped the game (to WBFS). Tried using other licenses. Tried deleting and creating new license. Tried using Ocarina Cheat Codes (Unlimited License for example), or ensured Ocarina is Off (yes, still randomly freezes when Off especailly for a license where I unlocked a lot of stuff). Tried toggling every setting in game options, like force NTSC, to PAL60, progressive, etc. And most of the other game settings I toggled and tried too. Still I get that black screen some times. It's not consistent. Like, if I pick Dry Bones with that rubber duck like kart in 2 player mode, any track blacks out. But if I pick 1 player with same character and kart it works fine.

I even installed WiiFlow and repeated all the toggling. For a while, it looked like WiiFlow was working better but lately it Blacks out too.

Ugggh... has anyone else had this problem and knows how to fix?

2. GamerzHell9137

Member GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    It could be a bad backup.
    Get a new one.