bruceleroy06

OP
Trophies
Website
www.ray-lee.com
XP
Country
United States
I really didn't want to make a new topic but i just wanted to narrow it down to one thread since people are posting it in multiple topics.

Some people are having problems getting Mario Kart DS to work on the G6 Lite including me. Did anybody get it working on a G6L lite? if so did you do anything specific?

My settings

main i have nothing checked

Read Method i have DoFat check

Rom Trim i have No Trim Rom checked

Mario Kart does not work for me right now, same for animal crossing

Also i have not upgraded my firmware yet because i cant seem to find it in english. If you got MK to work was it with upgraded firmware?

Thankyou
blink.gif

jmos1277

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the same settings and it works great for me ... even on WFC.

Have you considered that maybe your rom is just corrupt?

VomitOnLino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hearing about some games not working and all card getting corrupt really makes me doubtfull about this card.
I'd just like to chime in that a friend has got his G6 aswell. He really likes it, except for the fact that 3 games he'd like to play don't work:

-Nintendos: Dalmatian Friends
-Mario Kart: DS (He was looking forward to play against me
smile.gif
)
-Animal Crossing (Sometimes won't load, sometimes it freezes after save)

And then when he tried to add another Game, all the other games including saves vanished.... He was pissed as he got quite far in NSMB.

I really hope that they can get their act together and patch this, as this reminds me of the nightmares I had with GBA flashbased cards...
I'm still interested tough if they can work this out.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It could be that you guys managed to somehow get the 'test' ver of G6 lite. Cause really, im not having any problems at all here. Neither with my older G6 nor with the G6 lite. Both using package ver 4.

It's been a while since I actually played those games mentioned. But I copied them over just to check, as it could have been due to the software causing problems. But they worked perfectly fine.

So it's either a faulty G6 test ver you guys managed to get, or something else caused by you.

Redux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
That could explain why I got it so fastÂ
But if we got a test version, what can we do?
There seem to only be a few games not working for you guys.
Imo, nothing to fret over.

Nintendogs isn't that long a game. You could buy it and finish it in no time - not worth carrying around all the time.

Yes, Mario Kart is the best multiplayer game there is on the DS. But flashcarts generally can't do single-cart hosting with non-flashed DS'es anyway, so the original game is worth having around!

Cheer up! ^^

beedog19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could be that you guys managed to somehow get the 'test' ver of G6 lite. Cause really, im not having any problems at all here. Neither with my older G6 nor with the G6 lite. Both using package ver 4.

It's been a while since I actually played those games mentioned. But I copied them over just to check, as it could have been due to the software causing problems. But they worked perfectly fine.

So it's either a faulty G6 test ver you guys managed to get, or something else caused by you.

Killermech, just wondering where did you get your G6 from? Just ordered mine from hopebuy and mine probalby won't ship until next week. That shouldn't be a test version right?

daty2k1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Well I don't really mind about Mario Kart, as you said I can buy the original (and I probably will).
But the corruption problem is really annoying because everytime you plug the thing in your PC, you might lose everything on the card including save files
wacko.gif

aron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was playing Nintendogs: Chihuahua, no problems on my G6 lite last night. Mario Kart needs to be patched, and so far, I have no problems with saves being overwritten. Possible old firmware on the cart?

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My G6 lite will be here today and I am confused. Why aren't you guys running 4.a of the loader? I have an original G6 so I have some experience with the cart. My initial intentions were to install the 4.a loader. Have you guys tried using the format utility that is on the website? Basically you format in Fat16 then run the maintence utility and it should be groovy. I haven't converted to fat32 yet but I am assuming once your loader is upto date you can just reformat in fat32? Not sure. I know when I got my original G6 I had a lot of issues due to no documentation. My question and sorry if I am derailing this topic, but has anyone been able to succesfully load the 4.0a loader on their lite?

daty2k1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Do you use anything special to patch it? Doesn't G6 software patches games automatically?
Could you give me a link to get the firmware you are using please? Can't hurt to try with another one.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please see this video to demonstrate both Mario Kart & Animal Crossing working just fine on the G6 Lite.

Using the latest software (v. 4.0a) & the loader that comes with that package.

If your roms still do not work, you must have corrupt/incorrect roms, and I advise you to get them again from a trusted source!
smile.gif

Edit: Go to this link for the latest G6 software package.

daty2k1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Please see this video to demonstrate both Mario Kart & Animal Crossing working just fine on the G6 Lite.

If your roms still do not work, you must have corrupt/incorrect roms, and I advise you to get them again from a trusted source!
smile.gif

I use the software and loader that comes from this package (4.0a).
I tried the roms in all version I could get my hands on.
I will try the new 4.0b package when I get home from work but I really think my card is broken.
unsure.gif

bruceleroy06

OP
Trophies
Website
www.ray-lee.com
XP
Country
United States

smile.gif

do you know where has the updated software thats also in english? i did not have a CD with my package so im out of luck i need it to be downloadable from a site.

also do you have a test version? and mario kart works?

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The link that I posted has the software/loader in English - that's where I got it from, since I also didn't get a CD with my package.

I don't have a test version - and yes, Mario Kart works fine, as does Animal Crossing.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended