Mario Kart mods with additional tracks (Wii U & Wii)

WiiFanAix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everybody,

Lately I've been searching for Mario Kart mods (for Wii U and Wii), keeping in mind that I'm mainly interested in additional tracks, not in characters, vehicles, bonuses and such.
Many thanks to all the awesome modders out there BTW. Outstanding work! :D

For Wii U :
I have found this Mario Kart 8 Ultimate overview by MikaDubbz.
The "Invitational" mod seeming to be the most interesting for additional tracks.
The video is from one year ago, so I was wondering if there are any newer mods.
Also, could this be installed as a separate app with WUP Installer GX2, in order to keep the original MK8 and have a second icon for this on the Wii U menu ?

For Wii :
Lots of mods available, but like said here by MikaDubbz, Mario Kart Wii Deluxe seems to be the way to go. Please let me know if I'm wrong.
Current version is 5.5, download links are here.
I'm just confused about the 4 different download links : Blue Edition, Red Edition, Green Edition, Riivolution. I don't know which one(s) to download for my purpose.
Could somebody explain the differences ?
Ultimately I'd make a Wii U injection, just like for my other Wii games.

Thanks in advance for your insights. :)

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gamebanana for all your mods but in regards to having 2 mk8s on your menu.... Nope! I tried to do this and unless someone knows how to change the games title id we can't have the same game twice.

I then tried the USA version but it wouldn't boot, even when tried with spiik i believe as some suggested to try. Another one these sucks proper hard scenarios I'm afraid!

Reactions: WiiFanAix

WiiFanAix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
in regards to having 2 mk8s on your menu.... Nope!
Thanks for your reply :) Woud it be the same for Mario Kart Wii, if I injected it as a Wii U game ? Or maybe via the injector there's a way to change the game's ID ? In which case I would just pick the ID of some obscure game I'll never have, lol.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I remember correctly, mk wii does work with gamepad if injected and it is possible to change wii id 's. I'll see if i can find the info on it but I know i done that to nsmbw when i was modding it years ago. Wiiisorenamer it may have been called!

WiiFanAix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks in advance, hopefully you can find something :)

As for Mario Kart 8 Ultimate, the README says to use SDCafiine. But SDCAfiine's latest update is 4 years old and it seems to include a built-in version of mocha. Would that work with Tiramisu? (sorry about the newbie questions)

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sdcafiine works perfectly well, i use it all the time for mk8 and botw mods aswell as having a separate menu theme and miiverse plaza when it's loaded. As far as i know it should work with tiramasu as they're from the same dev however I've never used tiramasu as I'm on cbhc.

Try this link for the renamer....
https://wiki.tockdom.com/wiki/Wii_ISO_Renamer

Reactions: WiiFanAix

christianacqua

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi! If i play with custom track on mario kart 8 (Wii U) with my fiends in a private match can we get a ban? Thanks

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamebanana for all your mods but in regards to having 2 mk8s on your menu.... Nope! I tried to do this and unless someone knows how to change the games title id we can't have the same game twice.

I then tried the USA version but it wouldn't boot, even when tried with spiik i believe as some suggested to try. Another one these sucks proper hard scenarios I'm afraid!
A fun little work around is to take the version of SDcafiine that autoboots the title ID you include in a text document for MK8, create a Haxchi forwarder for this version of SDcafiine and give it your own MK8 styles banner and splash screens, and bam, you have the illusion of 2 different MK8 channels, one vanilla, and one to load whatever SDcaffine mods you have. Works great!

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A fun little work around is to take the version of SDcafiine that autoboots the title ID you include in a text document for MK8, create a Haxchi forwarder for this version of SDcafiine and give it your own MK8 styles banner and splash screens, and bam, you have the illusion of 2 different MK8 channels, one vanilla, and one to load whatever SDcaffine mods you have. Works great!
Whoa! Mind blown again but one thing i dont get..... There's an sdcafiine that autoboots???? Man, how do i miss this stuff!!

Reactions: Kopimist

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa! Mind blown again but one thing i dont get..... There's an sdcafiine that autoboots???? Man, how do i miss this stuff!!
Yeah it was only originally shared on Gamebanana of all places like 4 or 5 years ago, I edited and added a link to it in my earlier post. Some simple hex editing can allow for you to create multiple versions of the app that read alt path files, so you can create multiple of such channels for games with SD hacks if you regularly play them too like Sm4sh.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I saw that, thanks man! I had a quick read thru and I didn't really get how it replaces my original sdcafiine and have another but not?! It's been a long day and I'll have a proper look 2moro.

Thanks again for the info!

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw that, thanks man! I had a quick read thru and I didn't really get how it replaces my original sdcafiine and have another but not?! It's been a long day and I'll have a proper look 2moro.

Thanks again for the info!
It's a separate build of SDCafiine, you still can keep your normal version, just put this one in another folder and place the text document with the title ID you want to autoload in it's proper spot.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's a separate build of SDCafiine, you still can keep your normal version, just put this one in another folder and place the text document with the title ID you want to autoload in it's proper spot.
Just.... Awesome! Thanks again for the info.... Got lots to do now.... Exciting!!!

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm just confused about the 4 different download links
Although here's an explanation I'm still confused.
To quote it:
  • Blue Edition (Custom karts)
  • Red Edition (Custom skins)
  • Green Edition (Custom chars)
  • Purple Edition (Riivolution)
  • Crazy Edition (Item rain)
So while having all the tracks in all of the editions, I have to choose whether I want either new karts, new skins (what's the difference between skins and chars?), new chars (again, what's the difference?) or item rain? And what does the Riivolution edition have included since Riivolution is nothing but an "on the fly patching" homebrew for the Wii iirc. Still much confusion.

Edit: Got it. Custom skins are new looks to the standard Nintendo char roster as in Mario Kart Tour, for example "Dr. Luigi", "Christmas Peach" and things like that while custom chars are basically completely different chars that were not present in the original game such as Banjo, Sonic, Mega Man and so on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to...