Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit toyset gets an overview trailer

A new trailer has gone live, better explaining the upcoming Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit, the previously-announced toyset that allows you to play Mario Kart in your living room. By buying the set, you'll get either a Mario or Luigi kart and some gates, which lets you drive the kart on your Nintendo Switch through your play area. Nintendo recommends having a 10x12ft space for the track, which you can customize yourself. Items like Bullet Bills will be usable that speeds up your kart in real life, or there's Green Shells and Bananas that you can throw at enemies. You can also race four of the Home Circuit karts against each other, so long as each player has a Switch system, ranging from 50cc up to 200cc. Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit will be available at retail on October 16th.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
She is 6. Already loves MK. Being able to control the Kart in real life would be amazing, but unfortunately, 100 a pop is a bit much.
dont forget you need 2 switches to do multiplayer so no multiplayer on a single switch so its basically 2 switches + 2 cars.

D

Deleted User

a nintendo original! I would love to play. thats a lot of money if you want multiplayer with friends. Anyway, what a brilliant idea!
It's basically an RC car with a camera. Expensive toy at best.

Guess we're not getting Switch's own Mario Kart.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Fun for people who live in a suburb in the US I guess? Definitely not meant for the Japanese market.
Yeah, cause they're the only ones with spacious houses.

D

Deleted User

Expensive sure, but would you say that it's not worth the value of what you're getting?
No, because I'd probably play for five minutes and then never again. Damn Nintendo refuses to give us a real sequel of Mario Kart on the Switch.

Plus, I love drifting on Mario Kart and you can't do that on this Invizimal-type game.

Reactions: DavidinCT

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thats a lot of money if you want multiplayer with friends.
I guess you have to hope the friends buy a kart too.

Nice to see a more informative trailer, thanks op. It looks like they've put a lot into it, so as long as the basic mechanics work well, it should be pretty fun - for people with the money and the space for it. I guess our living room is technically big enough, but would be a struggle with all the stuff in it.

Reactions: banjo2

JakobAir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the kart is going to get stuck when rammed into furniture so it's at least a small selling point that reversing the kart is included.

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I’m gonna buy one. Got the space, got the money, the only thing is my nagging girlfriend saying i’m childish. 50 isn’t that old...
You can always pretend to be playing with your kids... That's what we adults do :D

Btw if the RC car will last 90 min on a single charge that's very good. Most RC cars I buy last no more than a minute or two.

Last edited by depaul,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs