Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit toyset gets an overview trailer

A new trailer has gone live, better explaining the upcoming Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit, the previously-announced toyset that allows you to play Mario Kart in your living room. By buying the set, you'll get either a Mario or Luigi kart and some gates, which lets you drive the kart on your Nintendo Switch through your play area. Nintendo recommends having a 10x12ft space for the track, which you can customize yourself. Items like Bullet Bills will be usable that speeds up your kart in real life, or there's Green Shells and Bananas that you can throw at enemies. You can also race four of the Home Circuit karts against each other, so long as each player has a Switch system, ranging from 50cc up to 200cc. Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit will be available at retail on October 16th.

tranceology3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They really need to get some other characters soon. I have a feeling they would sell like hot cakes as people would want to collect them.

Reactions: DaniPoo

SANICspeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I wonder if it would be fun to mod these with high rv electric motors and maybe 4s batterys you get with those diy drones to have them super speedy and ofc build a longer racetrack for them. I guess the handling wouldnt be so nice tho

Reactions: TheCasualties

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not for nothing I hope this does well and plays well you can have Ghost hunting Luigi Mansion or Metroid hunting Prime style gimmicks but fun for kids AR is definitely a better gimmick than Paper Labo not that Labo is bad it’s price point is or was ridiculous

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to know about the video feed and input latency, maxspeed of the toy cars and how long the batteries last.

“Battery life depends on speed
You’ll need to recharge the karts, but how often depends on how fast you plan on racing. Home Circuit features four speeds: 50cc, 100cc, 150cc, and 200cc. Nintendo says that if you’re playing on 150cc, you should get around 90 minutes of battery life. But that number will go up if you play on the slower settings and down if you decide to go all-out at 200cc.”

Nothing on input lag until it gets released to reviewers

Last edited by Teletron1,

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's pricy, damn. Would love to get a pair and rock with my daughter. I like when Nintendo does truly original stuff.

How old's your kid? I thought the same thing when they showed this in the Direct video ... would've been awesome when my kids were younger. (My daughter's 17 and my son's 28 now. I'm due for some grandkids soon.)

Gonna be impossible for people with pets.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
How old's your kid? I thought the same thing when they showed this in the Direct video ... would've been awesome when my kids were younger. (My daughter's 17 and my son's 28 now. I'm due for some grandkids soon.)

Gonna be impossible for people with pets.
She is 6. Already loves MK. Being able to control the Kart in real life would be amazing, but unfortunately, 100 a pop is a bit much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte