Mario Kart freezes with black screen at startup!

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by rlacw96, Dec 22, 2009.

Dec 22, 2009
  1. rlacw96
    OP

Newcomer rlacw96 Newbie

United States
    I have a Korean Wii (4.1k) which my parents gave me last year. My dad had his friend mod it for him so I'm not sure if it's a softmod or chipped, but I also have Homebrew Channel.
    I live in Spain now though... where they use PAL, but doesn't matter, it still works

Anyways, I have a Mario Kart NTSC_U .iso, have burned it about 5 billion times and it doesn't seem to be working! After I pop it into my Wii, and load the game, the wrist-strap safety thing comes out and after that.. it freezes into a black screen (can't even go back to starting screen). Also- there is no title or text in the loading screen, only the background picture with "Mario Kart!!" going in the back ^^

So I spent all day long looking for an answer. Yes, I've searched other forums and websites (INCLUDING coderetard), but I can't find a solution. Most of the info I find says that if SSBB and Mario Galaxy works, Mario Kart should work too, but the weird thing is that while for ME SSBB and Galaxy works, Mario Kart doesnt.

I've tried replacing the .dump file with Wii Update Manager, but that didn't work. Neither did using different DVD brands, burning at different speeds, burning with TWO different .iso's, cleaning the CD lens, and I have ALL my IOS's installed.

I don't get what's the problem here! If anyone can help....
    Recently all the games I've downloaded from wiiso (and other sites) have not been working D:

I'd appreciate any tips and help,
    thank you!