Misc Mario Kart DS WiFi not working at home

djbabyd601

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, i have mario kart ds and everytime i try to connect to play online it says that no access point is not availibe and i have wireless at home but when i got other places and even other people houses that have wireless i can connect with no problem but me other games work just fine at home. so can anyone help me please?

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
is your access point visible to other devices? make it public with password if neccesary.

set your password to WEP and not WPA or WPA2. that may be the cause of you not connecting.

-

was it mariokart ds only? is it a rom? i dont have problems with rom connecting?

my post is a useless one, isnt it?

dmentd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Mario Kart DS (played it for ages on DSphat) and I bought a DSi....Now when I go to play Kart online(on the DSi) it says since the game is in a different DS and I will lose all my Wifi records...Is there anyway around this?

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
dmentd said:
I have Mario Kart DS (played it for ages on DSphat) and I bought a DSi....Now when I go to play Kart online(on the DSi) it says since the game is in a different DS and I will lose all my Wifi records...Is there anyway around this?
The server recognises the data of your game using the basis of the console (when the Wifi servers of nintendo creates and give you a friend code, it says you cant use the cart in another DS), you will lose all of the info if you use another DS

G

galggod

the ds doesn't recognise some routers even if you have no encription I had the same problem with my old Sitecom router

bRKcRE

Trophies
XP
Country
sadak5 said:
dmentd said:
The server recognises the data of your game using the basis of the console (when the Wifi servers of nintendo creates and give you a friend code, it says you cant use the cart in another DS), you will lose all of the info if you use another DS

isnt it possible to migrateh the setting s from ond DS/i to another?

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dmentd said:

You can transfer your ID to another DS so that the new DS is the "owner" of the wifi data, here is a little video I found on youtube on how to do it.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had the same problem, but my friend helped me fix it.

Here is what we did

1. go to your router settings on the internet
2. go to the wireless section
3. turn wep into shared. (From authentication type)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over